Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off the sports coats.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
This is a real showcase item, congrats!

Thank you, I'm quite happy with it. Wore it today, actually.

Nearly forgot to post the tag. Made in Mexico.

003-10.jpg

btw, this jacket reminds me of pre-war casual German jackets with its slanted front yokes, slanted breast pocket flaps, and gusseted patch breast pockets. Am I alone on this?

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Doesn't seem to be. Color scheme is right, but the detailing is wrong.
'60s from a tailor in Montreal. The stuff coming out of Montreal at that time was always a bit out there.
Being that it's bespoke (I was going to ask) then I'd bet that it's a hunt coat. While there are classic hunt coat styles, there is a fair amount of latitude allowed in the detailing. I vaguely recall seeing pretty much the same cut (sans velvet collar) in the wild, back around the time this coat was issued. The 'paddock' style button stance/closure calls for both buttons to be buttoned.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
In keeping with the contrast collar theme, here's a panel jacket from a hong kong tailor. Black back, sleeves and contrast detailing, gold metallic paisley front.
Pretty hilarious. It'd be good on stage.

406936_376367649107151_386850436_n.jpg

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
YIKES!......Yeah, the great thing about bespoke is that you can have just about anything you can think up.....though it can also have its pitfalls...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen