Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off the sports coats.

BladeOfAnduril

One of the Regulars
I just picked this up at the thrift shop today. A nice olive wool tweed with herringbone/windowpane pattern. Not sure of the age - any info welcome.
uploadfromtaptalk1380416042764.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1380416068739.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edit: The color of the jacket shows most accurately along the left side of the second photo.

Last edited:

Metatron

One Too Many
I was hoping to get some advice on a small problem with my sports coat.

A bit of a mystery really,
the two pieces of tweed that fold over either side of the collar have come undone at the ends.
Can't understand what caused this, in such a uniform way.

Not visible when worn, but in any case, do you reckon it's worth repairing somehow, or should I just let it be?

Last edited:

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
New one I just picked up for myself today, mid-/late 1950s, got it cheap from a little vintage shop with mostly '70s junk. Fits perfectly except for the arms. Middle button is detached but it was in the pocket. Square patch pockets!

Some quick shots:

Last edited:

Metatron

One Too Many
Great jacket Thunder, gotta love herringbone. Is that brown and cream with red flecks?

Baron, that's a photo of it as it is now & HBK, I'm not sure I explained it properly, so I will try and illustrate it with another pic

Is this normal?
The stitched down 'bit' forms an open tube with raw edges.
I seem to remember a fold where the opening of the 'tube' now is.

I wish there was a term for the 'stitched down thing' so my descriptions weren't so clumsy.
Is it some kind of false throat latch?

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Tweed has a knit like quality to it so there is a propensity for it to unravel. No biggie but I wouldn't let it go unchecked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner