Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off the sports coats.

Feraud

Bartender
Here I am joining the party late.

Gray with black fleck. My favorite.
DSC02781.jpg

Black with white fleck. This one needs the pockets pressed.
DSC00581.jpg

Brown herringbone. This must be from the late 60s early 70s based on that loud lining! I like the jacket pattern.
DSC02784.jpg

Are modern sport coats allowed?
I have to post this one becaues it fits so well and is a great pattern too.
DSC02782.jpg

DSC02783.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
BK: Ironically, I find confetti-flecked Donegal more flamboyant than pinstripes. :p Not that I have a problem with it. You're right, we need more Donegals like that these days. I'm sure there's someone or another who makes something similar, but it's probably hard to obtain.

Feraud: That fabric is very old school. I'd say it should count if it doesn't!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Baron, your collection never ceases to delight me. Shame there's no lable in the pleated-back sportscoat. It may well have returned to its country of origin.

Jovan, winter does get down to about 33 degress F at night in the winter in Sydney, and this year has seen lots of days where the temperature struggles at around 59-60 degrees F. What often makes it colder is the wind chill factor. It's colder the further south one goes, so Melbourne is colder again and Hobart much colder still.

In summer, though, forget about it! Temps hit 97 degress F easily and often soar up to 104-108 degress. That is NOT suit or sportscoat weather by any measure!

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
This one is American, and has a 1939 union label. Light blue tweed with pronounced white double stripe. Again, slightly small for my mannequin. This is probably my favourite sports coat.

BlueSports1.jpg

BlueSports2.jpg

A close-up of the fabric.

BlueSports3.jpg

bk

I love the lapel roll! Did you wear this one with the windowpane trousers?

benstephens

Practically Family
Here are some of mine, I think I have posted these before. I have some more at home, all very British!

Marquis.jpg

This one was Tailor made for the Marquess of Cholmondeley in 1938.

http://www.sevcvc.com/l2s2007 035.jpg

A bit hard to see, but this one is an off the peg from a mens outfitters, I would say late 1930s, but hard to be sure, has nice warm orange lines running through it.

DSCF3194.jpg

This one is a 1940s CC41 labelled Jacket. Very Bold check. No Makers mark. I will try and get some better photographs.

Ben

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
DSCF3194.jpg

Beautiful jackets and you look wonderful!

Also, I can't help saying :eek:fftopic: look at those outfits on the ladies! Every one of them is great.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Forgotten Man said:
Sorry, digital camera battery died... also, can't find the charger to it... so, sorry, no dice.:(
Best to say that the dog ate the camera.;) .......Since replacement batteries and chargers are readily available from dozens of sources.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Tomasso said:
Best to say that the dog ate the camera.;) .......Since replacement batteries and chargers are readily available from dozens of sources.

:eek:fftopic: If you want to accuse me of week excuses, you may want to PM me about it then post your opinions in this thread.

Please take heed; my name is Forgotten Man… and like the original Forgotten Men, I have very little means to support my self at this time and digital camera batteries are at the bottom of the priority list.

My mission here is not to show off my collection, my mission here is to offer advice and knowledge to those who care to listen. I do not feel I have to prove anything by providing photographic evidence.

I assure you gentlemen, I will not hand anyone fish stories.

FM~

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Forgotten Man said:
If you want to accuse me of week excuses, you may want to PM me about it then post your opinions in this thread.
I apologize, the remark was made in jest. I didn't mean for it to get your panties in a bunch.
Forgotten Man said:
I have very little means to support my self at this time and digital camera batteries are at the bottom of the priority list.
Well, when you get ahead of the game you can use resources like this to get your camera up and running, for around $20.
Forgotten Man said:
My mission here is not to show off my collection, my mission here is to offer advice and knowledge to those who care to listen. I do not feel I have to prove anything by providing photographic evidence.
I've no problem with this. I rarely post photos of my wardrobe on FL, even though I have hundreds of photos. You see, I was reprimanded by the powers that be for my photographic style, after my very first post. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ