Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off your Porkpies

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
The only porkpie I own because stingy brims do not look too good on me (and at 6-7/8 it really doesn't fit well anyway).

alexander_porkpie_01.jpg

alexander_porkpie_04.jpg

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
Here is another one that have finished. I saw someone eating a creamsicle bar, the ones that look like this.

psicleCreamsicleBar.jpg

Then I got an inspiration to try and make a hat using the same colors. I thought it would make a good combination so here is a Resistol Cowboy hat that is now a Pork Pie. As always gentlemen let me know if I have hit the mark on this one. I will be putting this one in the classifieds so I hope some FL will give this lid a good home.

DSCF6197.jpg

DSCF6198.jpg

DSCF6199.jpg

DSCF6202.jpg

DSCF6203.jpg

DSCF6204.jpg

Mr E Train

One Too Many
I just got this Adam Premier from an etsy.com seller for $30. Very nice shape, no mothing, just dusty. It's a 7 3/8, too small for me, but I figured I'd give it to my brother-in-law, and if he doesn't want it or it doesn't fit him, put it in the classifieds.

ilfullxfull199731287.jpg

ilfullxfull199731519.jpg

ilfullxfull199731600.jpg

Last edited:

fmw

One Too Many
I've never worn this hat. It is a reeeeealllly cheap wool felt pork pie that I bought for working in the yard. It came with the brim turned up all around like most pork pies. My wife laughed when I put it on, called it a cake on a plate and suggested I never wear it. So that's what I did. Last night I was motivated to take the plate out of the cake so I showered down the hat, turned the front of the brim down and added a couple of pinches in front. It was really easy and I wouldn't have a problem doing it now to a good hat. At any rate, she thinks I can wear it now and I have a new skill.

porkpie.jpg

Canadave

One Too Many
Looks good! I'm not really sure it's a porkpie though. The crown isn't quite right.

I think I prefer it without the ornaments, but go for a feather if you like.

T Rick

Practically Family
Okay, somehow I posted this in the wrong thread first. I intended for them to be here (thanks to Neophyte for pointing me to the correct thread! :thumb:).

First was an incredible deal on eBay, bought and shipped for about $20. It's from Roger Brent. Though it doesn't say, I'm 99% certain it is fur felt and not wool. Seems to be a really nice hat, and came in near new condition. I like the larger brim snapped down.

orig.jpg

Next is this rather furry Champ, I really like this one. "Feel the felt". Love the ribbon.

standard.jpg

juggles

New in Town
Ebay purchase, just arrived today -- Biltmore Milan Straw Pork Pie in Cocoa:

The band isn't quite as dark as it appears in the picture. And the crown is tear-drop shaped rather than round, which I didn't realize until I opened the box.

Last edited:

Tommy

One of the Regulars
Posted this early in the year on the Art Fawcett thread, but think it belongs here too:

Art Fawcett Whiskey Felt, 2-1/2" brim, 4" height

012.jpg

WhiskeyPorkPie2.jpg

guygardner

A-List Customer
Converted a black Biltmore with a homburg-type shape to a pork pie.

Before:
IMG_4534.jpg
[/IMG]

After flattening the top, lowering the crown and shaping the dome:
IMG_4566.jpg
[/IMG]

Lowering the crown a bit more and adding a bit of a pinch at the front of the crown:
Photoon2012-06-29at0153.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112