Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off your Porkpies

immortaldiamond

Familiar Face
Fantastic

Belegnole said:
So, I like Porkpies but didn't have one worth posting....BUT, I suddenly while thinking about transforming a recient aquisition I rememberd that another hat of mine would be a very good practice piece as i am not wearing it at all at the moment. So, a bit later.........

before
Dobbs_Royal_Coachman_1.jpg

and after...
Dobbs_Royal_Coachman_8.jpg
It looks much better as a porkpie - especially with the brim up!

Belegnole

One of the Regulars
You know, for the longest time I just couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with this hat. The brim was short and it was much like one if my favorites. So now that it is a porkpie it has found a home....oh, I put the feather back in and wore it to work today
P4240003.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Seidl Convertible...or so...

So here's my first attempt at doing a porkpie rebash. It's a German Seidl and started life as something else, as you can see (I didn't really like the taper with the original bash):

seidl_porkpie.jpg

Belegnole

One of the Regulars
My suggestion would be a ebay stingy brim for around $20-$30 in good shape with a taller crown. Many nice small brim hats get ignored and the shaping isn't that hard. Or if you like to go adventuring check out local thrift stores or vintage stores for hats in your size.

tortswon

Practically Family
A couple of entries

Here are my two of my porkpies...

The first is an Adam Crosby porkpie from Johnnyphi by way of Ande1964

C0000228901_2.jpg

C0000228901_3.jpg

C0000228901_1.jpg

The second is a VS custom

187_8800.jpg

188_8802.jpg

188_8801.jpg

Best, Sam

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
innisart...Jaxon makes a nice pork pie...I believe the Village Hat Shop has them...and they're (if I remember correctly) under a $100 bucks...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Bingles

A-List Customer
Diamond Porkpie

Thought I'm not a huge fan of the movie "The French Connection", I fell in love with the porkpie that Gene Hackman wore. I have had my good friend, Gary White, the Custom Hatter make me another version of the diamond porkpie. I have one in black, and just received this one in chocolate brown yesterday. I just LOVE it! I'm so fortunate to have a custom hatter right here in Buffalo!! :)

100_1421.jpg

100_1422.jpg

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
kabuto said:
Yes, they do seem to be for the advanced hat wearer. I think you need to undergo hundreds of hours of auditing and reach the clear state before you're allowed to wear them. Xenu was known to wear porkpies.
this has to be the funniest post ive seen here yet. it is weeks later (since i first read it) and i still think back on this and laugh.lol lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran