Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off your Porkpies

Big_e

Practically Family
This is my no name wool felt pork pie. I wear it most when going to work and love it. it was beginning to lose it's crispness after I wore it in the rain and snow we had recently. I went to Target and bought a nine dollar teapot and used the steam to bring it back to life. I think it looks better than new.:)
Ernest

Picture149.jpg

Picture151.jpg

Big_e

Practically Family
Oh I likes that Bingles! I'm deciding on my next purchase. I'll more than likely end up getting them both, a good quality fur felt porkpie or get a wool cap with an extrafull cut from Hat People.
Ernest

frussell

One Too Many
Nice, Bingles

I love the Gene Hackman porkpie as well, and those are really fine examples. I'm a large fella, and they look silly as hell on me, but I love stingy brims all the same. It's nice not to whack the brim of my hat on every thing I pass! Great hats. Frank

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Miller/Biltmore Pork Pie

Big_e said:
I got my new rabbit fur felt Porkpie from e4 hats. I'm really getting to like this hat!
Ernest

That's a nice looking hat, Big_e! I especially like the welting around the brim. For a rabbit fur hat, they offer it at a seriously low price, and it looks the way a pork pie should look. I'd tame the feather a little bit, but that's just me.:D

Here's my recently acquired Biltmore pork pie from Miller Hats.
BiltmorePorkPie.jpg

Mr E Train

One Too Many
The Miller/Biltmore is sans feather now since I decided I liked it better without it, despite the fact that it was a very well-matched feather. I've got another Biltmore on back order from Bencraft, a Milan pork pie, also in grey (hey, I like grey--it's versatile) and I'm looking forward to trying that one out. I'm loving my felt pork pie--I've got a 7 3/4 noggin and Biltmores fit me well.

steppenwolph

Familiar Face
I posted some pics of this new-to-me porkpie in another thread, but I just couldn't resist putting some up here as well. The porkpie may be an under-rated lid, but wearing this one has me smiling all day long. Its an awesome Optimo porkpie, in what he calls 'granite grey.' It has a wider brim than most, with a 2 3/4" by 2 5/8" dimensional cut. I don't think that I can call myself an 'advanced' hat wearer, but wearing this hat really puts a spring in my step!

P1070041.jpg

P1070040.jpg

P1070035.jpg

Mr E Train

One Too Many
I've expressed my admiration for that Optimo pork pie before. It reminds me of my Biltmore above, but yours outclasses it big time.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Mr E Train said:
fc052510fc.jpg

Do you pick your feet in Poughkeepsie?

That hat made me a little nervous so I had to stand up and frisk myself to make sure I didn't have any dope on me.

It's cool, I'm clean.

:rolleyes:

shakeshead

Great job on this one, Mr E Train. :eusa_clap

Mr E Train

One Too Many
'ppreciate it, Craig. I let the dough rise higher than on Popeye's, but that's because I don't like the top of the crown sitting right on my head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran