Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off your vintage desktops!

Hatsquad

New in Town
Stickley at the Guggenheim

stickley.jpg

Firefyter-Emt

Familiar Face
Here is what is on mine right now. I hate the icons on the screen so all my "needed" icons are in the top half of my start menu. I find it easier really, if a screen is already open, I do not have to close it down to open something else. Plus, it looks so much cleaner! :p

315091.jpg

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
COOL

Firefyter-Emt said:
Here is what is on mine right now. I hate the icons on the screen so all my "needed" icons are in the top half of my start menu. I find it easier really, if a screen is already open, I do not have to close it down to open something else. Plus, it looks so much cleaner! :p

315091.jpg

NICE attention to detail Solid Citizen :D

Ugarte

A-List Customer
ScionPI2005 said:
I really like that! Where did you find the pic?

A few (like 10 or 12) years ago NPR did a story on either the early jazz scene in Manhattan or something like that. I honestly don't recall. At any rate, they made the picture available to the public at their website.

The picture was taken by William P. Gottlieb in the summer of 1948. If you are interested in a copy, I believe the rights are pretty loose since it was given away by NPR and is available in full res. from this website:

http://uncommonplacebook.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html

Specifically, you can download it directly with this link

Mark

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Ugarte said:
A few (like 10 or 12) years ago NPR did a story on either the early jazz scene in Manhattan or something like that. I honestly don't recall. At any rate, they made the picture available to the public at their website.

The picture was taken by William P. Gottlieb in the summer of 1948. If you are interested in a copy, I believe the rights are pretty loose since it was given away by NPR and is available in full res. from this website:

http://uncommonplacebook.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html

Specifically, you can download it directly with this link

Mark

Thanks Ugarte! I agree that it makes a great wallpaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24