Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us the food dishes you've prepared.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
yum! i have always wanted to make my own trail mix, but haven't tried to yet. i am *always* picking out things in trail mix that i buy, especially since you never know how old the bagged stuff is. last year i cracked my tooth on a super-hard brazil nut and had to get a root canal. $1200 later....

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
For our backyard family picnic I wanted something light.

47b8d829b3127ccec40440bfb04d00000036109AbOXLFk0bA9vPgg

French bread smeared with warm Havarti cheese
Salad:Romaine,corn,avocado,watermelon,and a light Balsamic vinagrette.
Sauteed the shrimp in extra virgin olive oil,sea salt,pepper,and lemon juice.(I had more shrimp than that,but it was stolen off my plate before I photographed it)
Served with Rum and Coca-cola,which I am now hearing the song for repeatedly in my head.

Lillemor

One Too Many
Bonfire place in our garden:

Simple stuff but it's a fun way to cook:

We can also choose to sit on these, the branches are for "snobrød" bread:

Potatos and meat:

Snobrød and hotdogs:

You can also put the hotdog on the stick first and twist the dough around it which we've done too.

Lillemor

One Too Many
sixsexsix said:
what is "Snobrød" ?

Bread on a stick?!!!:eusa_doh: lol Well, you prepare a basic dough which you divide into the number of sections of snobrød you want to make. Then you roll each section long and wrap it around a thin branch, preferably covered with foil. You can stick a hotdog on first and then roll the dough around that. Then you bake it over the open fire evenly on all sides, regulary turning it. If it's well done, it comes off the stick easily. If it's not well done, it sticks and is a pain to get off and you have huge lumps of unbaked dough on the stick:(

It's a matter of trial and error. There have been more failures than successes for me with snobrød baking in my lifestimelol Hub mastered it at first attempt. I really hate that!:rolleyes:

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
This is a coconut cake I made. It tastes really nice!

cocnutcakelh9.jpg

I mostly like making cakes and other puddings. I'm trying to get into more "food" cooking instead of just sweet pudding stuff!

Lillemor

One Too Many
i_am_the_scruff said:
This is a coconut cake I made. It tastes really nice!

cocnutcakelh9.jpg

I mostly like making cakes and other puddings. I'm trying to get into more "food" cooking instead of just sweet pudding stuff!

I have a "dry" coconut cake recipe but I've only made it once. I love to cook but strangely I hate baking.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Lillemor said:
Bonfire place in our garden:

Simple stuff but it's a fun way to cook:

We can also choose to sit on these, the branches are for "snobrød" bread:

Potatos and meat:

Snobrød and hotdogs:

You can also put the hotdog on the stick first and twist the dough around it which we've done too.

That looks great and I love your backyard.

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
Lillemor said:
Snobrød and hotdogs:

Here is another yummy alternative to a Snobrod. They are called Jam Twists. Instead of putting the hotdog in the center you put a dab of butter and fill it all the way to the top with your favorite jelly :essen: :essen:

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
Hot Milk Sponge Cake & Strawberries

I just took the Hot Milk Sponge Cake out of the oven and it actually came out light & fluffy this time instead of all gummy & flat.....a wonderful yummy Saturday night dessert.

P6140007.jpg
P6140006.jpg

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Tonight's Menu

Just thought I'd share some shots of tonight's dinner. I'd love to see some more pictures in this thread! We've got some talented chefs!

- Grilled pork tenderloin medallions with home blended Cajun blackening seasoning
- Roast potatoes with herbs, parmesan cheese, and crumbled bacon
- Green beans sauteed in butter with crumbled bacon

654ae5f1.jpg

5f92f700.jpg

I'm stuffed.

PS

A-List Customer
cooking and more cooking

v8gn4.jpg

cooking a lot more recently.and playing with my camera a bit more as well.
316qhy0.jpg

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bump!

Thanks for all the compliments! The dishes were our wedding set; we didn't find any china we liked and people LOVED purchasing $50 set of dishes! They said they actually felt they were purchasing a worthwhile gift, instead of 1 plate. lol You are all welcome to come over for some chiken soup! Yummmmmmmmm :essen:

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
A couple of weeks ago I made Classic Mac & Cheese! I love cooking in the fall!

P1010035.jpg

Ingredients

* 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
* 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
* 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard (optional)
* 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
* 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) milk
* 2 tbsp (30 ml) Margarine or butter
* 2 cups (475 ml) (8 oz (224 grm).) shredded American or Cheddar
cheese, divided
* 8 oz (224 grm). Mueller's Elbows (about 2 cups), cooked 5 minutes
and drained

Preparation

* In medium saucepan combine corn starch, salt, dry mustard and pepper; stir in milk.
* Add margarine.
* Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil 1 minute.
* Remove from heat.
* Stir in 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) cheese until melted.
* Add elbows.
* Pour into greased 2-quart casserole.
* Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
* Bake uncovered in 375 degree (200 C.) oven 25 minutes or until lightly browned.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
cookie.jpg

I made 2 doz of these sugar cookies for an election results party I went to Tuesday. They were a big hit. I didnt have the heart to tell the folks they were vegan. :rolleyes:

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR