Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us the food dishes you've prepared.

Mary your mac n cheese looks great! I love your dish with the serving rack.

Thanksgiving dinner made 100% by me:
turkey1.jpg

turkey2.jpg

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mary Deluxe - we're having your mac & cheese tonight! Any suggestions for accompanying dishes? (P.S. - we have some of those plates pictured in your lovely setup!)

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Wow CherryRed very nice!! That turkey looks perfect!

MissBella...The kid in me enjoys eating fish sticks with my Mac & Cheese!lol My Mom would also serve stewed tomatoes for on top off the Mac but I have always found that combination a little gross! I hope it came out yummy for you.

LordBest

Practically Family
Melton Mowbray Pie

Made this not long ago, just got the pictures up:
Melton Mowbray Pie
meltonmowbraypie1.jpg

A traditional English pie, generally served after a hunt, I believe. It really is superb. Sorry about the picture quality.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MaryDeluxe said:
Wow CherryRed very nice!! That turkey looks perfect!

MissBella...The kid in me enjoys eating fish sticks with my Mac & Cheese!lol My Mom would also serve stewed tomatoes for on top off the Mac but I have always found that combination a little gross! I hope it came out yummy for you.

Delicious! I have to add another hour to my workout tomorrow though! lol

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
No photos but I did roast a turkey upside down this year. Everyone said it was delish, can't stand the bird myself. The real treat was a Chestnut Torta. No flour just lemon zest, chestnuts, eggs, butter and sugar. Let me know if you want the recipe.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
LordBest said:
Made this not long ago, just got the pictures up:
Melton Mowbray Pie
meltonmowbraypie1.jpg

A traditional English pie, generally served after a hunt, I believe. It really is superb. Sorry about the picture quality.

Could you share the recipe please? I'm curious because I've been to Melton Mowbray. It's also the home of stilton cheese. I had the most delicious stilton cheese with cranberries in it there. Now I'm making myself hungry!

rumblefish

One Too Many
Yes! Recipe please...:)

St.Ignatz said:
No photos but I did roast a turkey upside down this year. Everyone said it was delish, can't stand the bird myself. The real treat was a Chestnut Torta. No flour just lemon zest, chestnuts, eggs, butter and sugar. Let me know if you want the recipe.

LordBest, looks great! Love the jelly stuff. Sort of porkpie-ish?
After I cooked the annual pig outside this year, I took the lower portions of the legs, the head and some of the not-crisp skin, and boiled them for a few hours. then picked through every thing and had loads of the wonderful jelly stuff to make souse. I wish I thought of a pie now!

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
rumblefish said:
THANKS!

^ First one; sometimes I have dough rise beautifully, then flatten out all on it's own. Is there a common error that I'm missing? This is why I'm always afraid to slash the tops.
Lack of salt will make a soft dough (as in tuscan bread) but over proofing can give you problems also. Check these, knead your dough long enough to activate the gluten, check your salt, don't over proof and a little crushed vitamin C can give you a stronger dough. If you spray the oven with a water mist just before you put in your loaf the steam can give it a boost and give you a nice shine. Hot oven loaf, warm oven brick.

rumblefish

One Too Many
^ Thank you :), it's actually working out better these days- a little less kneading time before proof and a few more kneads after proof seems to have done the trick.

rumblefish

One Too Many
DSC00943.jpg

Sourdough pretzels. Done with my three year old starter and an alkali bath before baking. finally, the twists came out right,,, that's why the post.:eek:

Laura Chase

One Too Many
CherryRed, can you tell us more about your lovely Christmas foods, is the Torte Rustica national Christmas food somewhere? I love hearing about different Christmas traditions because I never grew up with Christmas and now, in creating my own Christmas traditions, I just take a bit of everything I like from everywhere. For example, when I grow up, I will definitely be making confit de canard for my traditional Christmas dinners! ;)

I love this thread, and want more activity. I have a very sweet tooth and bake a lot, so here are some cakes I have made lately.

French chocolate macarons with bitter chocolate ganache:
3203747212_fa5559f810.jpg

French macarons and a type of Bosnian cake called "cupavci", it resembles the Australian lamingtons:
3206396166_febf355f22.jpg

French plain macarons with white chocolate and raspberry ganache. The white ones are just simple coconut meringue kisses:
3033338932_9a8078a074.jpg

French macarons (top), coconut meringue (middle) and brownies (bottom):
3032492265_6a91cf79b7.jpg

This cake is the best Danish cake ever! It's called "hindbærsnitte" which translates to "raspberry slice". It consists of a very buttery, crumbly pastry sandwiched with raspberry marmalade and icing and sprinkles on top:
3107647066_46163a6ea0.jpg

I made this for New Year's, it's a Danish cake called "kransekage", it's basically marzipan, eggwhites and sugar, baked and then dipped in chocolate and decorated with icing (I went a bit Pollock-crazy with the icing, it's traditionally done very neatly):
3157228249_de7d1b1607.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR