Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

This was posted (on FaceBook) by a local personality/collector. He found this photo at a nearby flea market.

View attachment 513146

View attachment 513145
Impressive picture! If I remember correctly that massive cowboy pistol collection bought by Cabala’s & displayed in their Gun Library some yrs back now, was dicended down from Rainwater.

Carthage, MO was the birth home of Myra Maybelle “May” Shirley, better known in history as “Belle” Starr. Her parents were innkeepers & some historians make a business connection between her father & Joe Church, & later a romantic connection with May. But she was married so many times the timing & connections are weak.

Ozark County, Missouri.

Civil War veteran. "If looks could kill" served him well in war time.

Those are some amazing overalls too.

1682988597826.png

John Newman Edwards (1839 - 1889)

CSA Major John Newman Edwards died on this date, May 4, 1889. Major Edwards was the Civil War chronicler & adjutant to Gen J.O. Shelby. Post war Edwards founded the Kansas City Times newspaper & remained the editor for many yrs. Edwards published his epic nonfiction books, "Shelby and his Men" in 1867 & "Shelby’s Expedition to Mexico" in 1872. “A Terrible Quintette" about Frank & Jesse James, Cole & Jim Younger, & Arthur McCoy was published in 1873. And finally "Noted Guerrillas", a book about the Confederate Partisan Rangers of MO was published in 1877.

IMG_2347.jpeg

IMG_2349.jpeg

IMG_2348.jpeg

I have just seen this post. And this is a photo of William F Cody !

I was going to argue with you, because that photo shows up as Stetson in more than a few places. However, after looking at some more shots of Cody, that cravat on his tie is in several shots of Buffalo Bill.

Believe it or not, it's hard to find a pic of Stetson wearing a hat.

Mea culpa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21