Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Surprised Jimmy Stewart hasn't been mentioned. He's famous for his Golden Age stylishness on and off the silver screen.
7ivrMDy.jpg xhwrdcx.jpg Ky0KjGi.jpg

A famous contemporary in the scientific world, paleontologist Dr. Robert Bakker, is famous for wearing this battered old white hat everywhere:
xarCTNE.jpg
It's his trademark as much as Indies' own fedora. In fact, he was given a caricature character in the Jurassic Park sequel, as "Robert Burke":
bCscu07.png

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
Love everything Cagney wore , Cary Grant could make a pizza on his head look good, same for William Powell. Heck I love them all, especially straight up tall crown hats. Thanks all for providing me with a bit of nostalgia.

AndyR

One of the Regulars
It's interesting to see all the different looks. As I review this thread, watch old movies and see old family pictures, I realize that some guys look great with the hat cocked to the side (James Stewart) or pushed way up and back (Howard Hughes). I can't pull 'any' of that off. I guess I'm not cool enough. LOL! I look absolutely ridiculous wearing my hat in any other style than squared away and down on the forehead. Any of you notice the same thing about yourselves?

Andy

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
It's interesting to see all the different looks. As I review this thread, watch old movies and see old family pictures, I realize that some guys look great with the hat cocked to the side (James Stewart) or pushed way up and back (Howard Hughes). I can't pull 'any' of that off. I guess I'm not cool enough. LOL! I look absolutely ridiculous wearing my hat in any other style than squared away and down on the forehead. Any of you notice the same thing about yourselves?

Andy

I generally cant my hats slightly to the right and down in front, fedoras. Westerns I generally wear square on and down somewhat. Of course if I looked like any of the stars of yesteryear I wouldn't have to fuss much.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hershey was one of the greatest men of the century. It's a pity people don't know more about him: at a time when robber barons were hiring thugs to shoot their own workers, Hershey plowed the profits from his chocalate recipe into a better life for those who worked for him. Really a great man.

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
Hershey was one of the greatest men of the century. It's a pity people don't know more about him: at a time when robber barons were hiring thugs to shoot their own workers, Hershey plowed the profits from his chocalate recipe into a better life for those who worked for him. Really a great man.

Agree, a few years ago we took the Hershey tour, up to then I had no knowledge of what that man did to provide a better life for many or all that worked for him.

javadave61

Practically Family

I work in Hershey (the town) and have the privilege of meeting people who were old enough to have met him and worked for him. He built a town around his factories to support his workers. It is unusual for a man of such wealth and power to be thought of so highly, as he is. Sadly, the factories are moving away one by one. The smell of chocolate in the streets isn't what it once was. I was told that when you do smell it today, it's an artificial smell pumped in the streets! Who knows. I believe the Milton Hershey School has an endowment that rivals that of Harvard and Yale. When everything else is gone, it will be there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21