Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their suits

Metatron

One Too Many
It's not all-together a bad style, but I think the concept is overwrought, and isn't about flattering the wearer anymore. It's all about the look.

Metatron

One Too Many
This is a nice suit worn by comedian Barry Humphries:

It's nice to see people in the wild (outside the fedora lounge) who appreciate a good double breast patch pocketed jacket. ;)

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Derek Farr in 'Murder Without Crime' (1950).
df%2Bovercoat%2B2.jpg

df%2Bovercoat.jpg

I love the look of the heavy overcoat without buttons, with belt knotted at the waist - with the added attraction of a flapped breast pocket.

Metatron

One Too Many
From Ossessione (1943), a film which was banned by the fascists when it was first released, because it featured people behaving badly, something which was of course unheard of in Europe between 1939-1945. ;)

Massimo Girotti reminds me of Marlon Brando in this film, especially as he is often seen in an undershirt or vest.
In fact I like the way he doesn't let clothes get in the way of his comfort.
While he does wear this suit with all the bells and whistles, he doesn't hesitate to remove his tie and jacket when he feels hot.

A closer look at the shirt

Gorgeous suit, but they tailored it with heavy waist suppression - you get the sense that they wanted him to look broader in the shoulders (both heavy waist suppression and heavily padded shoulders) to up his "toughness" factor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk