Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

crwritt

One Too Many
I strung some ricrack across the mirror to hang my earrings from. Makes them so much easier to find.
28497_1123649388466_1744062716_228816_5536574_s.jpg

JenBond

New in Town
Flower barrettes

I have been making flower barrettes and have been quite successful with smaller flowers like orchids and daisies, but I found this beautiful peony that is huge and I am just in love with, but no matter where I place the barrette it seems to want to flip down at the top and not lay flat. I don't know if I'm explaining it well enough- the weight of the flower makes it not lay flat to my hea, but rather, pull down and face the ground- does that makes sense? So, any suggestions for stabilizing the flower so it'll sit nice and straight?

BoPeep

Practically Family
At the thrift store I found a couple pieces of an old tablecloth, heavy cotton twill with beautiful embroidery. Voila! A new clothespin bag! It's much more enjoyable to hang laundry when you've something pretty to keep going back to.

IMG_2352.jpg
IMG_2356.jpg

GoddessMama

One of the Regulars
JenBond said:
I have been making flower barrettes and have been quite successful with smaller flowers like orchids and daisies, but I found this beautiful peony that is huge and I am just in love with, but no matter where I place the barrette it seems to want to flip down at the top and not lay flat. I don't know if I'm explaining it well enough- the weight of the flower makes it not lay flat to my hea, but rather, pull down and face the ground- does that makes sense? So, any suggestions for stabilizing the flower so it'll sit nice and straight?
I wonder if you glued down partially to a circle of fabric, like a mini fascinator if that would work?

JenBond

New in Town
GoddessMama said:
I wonder if you glued down partially to a circle of fabric, like a mini fascinator if that would work?

GoddessMama thank you for the suggestion, I tried that and think part of my problem is using the wrong clips. So I ended up gluing the felt to it and then attaching the whole thing to a headband and gluing another felt circle (essentially sandwiching the headband in) that way I don't have to worry about it pulling out. I should have used a comb with the size of the flower. Oh well, you live, you learn, right? Thank you again for your suggestion.

HepKitty

One Too Many
some of these things are kinda lame compared to the fabu work here but they made the recipients happy

bedskirt for my son

bedskirt for my daughter

purse for my friend Norma, vogue pattern don't remember the #

knitting bag for my friend Anna (I made it up as I went along)

BoPeep

Practically Family
Made a wallhanging from an old feedsack found at a rummage. . .

IMG_2505.jpg

And this is my sewing machine cover (two different panels on each side) . . .

IMG_2506.jpg
IMG_2507.jpg

HomesteadHattie

New in Town
BoPeep said:
At the thrift store I found a couple pieces of an old tablecloth, heavy cotton twill with beautiful embroidery. Voila! A new clothespin bag! It's much more enjoyable to hang laundry when you've something pretty to keep going back to.

IMG_2352.jpg
IMG_2356.jpg

Wow, BoPeep! Your clothesline bag! My grandmother gave me all her old, pretty, white embroidered linens, so you've inspired me. The linens seem to beg to be used outside in some elegant way. They seem to beg to be used at all, actually. I will heed their call.

HomesteadHattie

New in Town
And actually, to add to this, the clothespin bag reminds me of the bag I made for my delicates this winter, as we were living somewhere where I didn't have a chest of drawers to put them in. Same kind of design, hung on a hanger and all. But I never thought of using my pretty embroidered linens, and I wish I had!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Was wondering if any crafters on here have heard of or recently seen this following description....lol
I remember back in the 80s working on an "alternative" cross stitch project with my mom. It was a felt type material and instead of thread it used a paint/marker type of deal....
If anyone has heard of it and its still on the market....what would it be called?
Thanks

BoPeep

Practically Family
Thanks, LadyDay. I couldn't believe my luck when I ran across that feed sack at a rummage. It's a good size, bright colors and only one hole! Just had to hang it up! . . . well, after I added the Flying Geese and quilted it.

Drappa

One Too Many
I made this 1930's repro pinwheel quilt a while ago to test my new Janome and gifted it to hubby because he loved it so much. It's only my third quilt, so by no means perfect. I have tons more repro fabrics waiting to be made into quilts, but am working on a wedding quilt for a friend at the moment, so they are on hold.

30958_390777816500_518396500_452318.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot