Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

Vanessa

One Too Many
Miss Dottie said:
kittytowels3.jpg

Those are darling...love them!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
newtovintage said:
Those towels are adorable. Where did you get the design/pattern for them, if you don't mind my asking?

Believe it or not--Beverly's, a national chain of craft stores!

I also highly recommend Pattern Bee--they have some great vintage stuff. Many kittens on days of the week towel.

And thank you ladies for all of your lovely comments. These were so quick and easy to do! I also want to do more embroidery on pillowcases, which I always find at estate sales for so cheap.

I look forward to seeing my embroidery on this thread in the future!

Cleery

New in Town
Those towels by Miss Dottie and the patterns everyone's posted are terrific. I haven't embroidered since high school or so, but I'm getting a bee in my bonnet to try it again. Thanks!

Kim_B

Practically Family
Wow-whee!

Gosh, I haven't been here in a LOOOONNNNNGGG time!

LD - what lucky friends and family you have to receive such a thoughtful gift!

Miss Dottie - I LOVE those cute little towels!!

Inky - thanks for posting those links - I can't wait to take the time to really look through them!

Kim_B

Practically Family
Just a couple things...

I've made lots of things in the last few months, but these are all I have photos of at the moment...

Some tasty treats for co-workers and friends - chocolate covered marshmallows to stir your hot cocoa with!
ChocolateMarshmallows.jpg

And I designed my Aunt & Uncle's Christmas cards this year (I even took the photo)...
ChristmasCard1jpglargethumb.jpg

I'll see what else I can find... :)

Happy Crafting!

SassyLindaB

Familiar Face
001-1.jpg

here's another Vogue style pattern I got into last weekend, I love this dress but sadly the fabric doesn't have much give to it...so no snacking whilst wearing it lol

texasgirl

One Too Many
I finally finished my parents 40th anniversary quilt. I can't wait for them to see it. It includes their wedding picture, one of each of them when they were little, a vacation picture, their 20th anniversary, a couple family pictures and a recent Christmas picture.

I'd never done a memory quilt before, but it was fun and came out even better than I imagined. I used the Printed Treasures fabric that you just run through your inkjet printer.

101_0037.jpg

101_0044.jpg

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
texas girl thats gorgous! youve inspired me!!:eusa_clap
i started a quilt a few weeks ago....hoping to do one for my mums pressie nxt christmas!
:eek:fftopic: how did you do the photos?

texasgirl

One Too Many
Thanks ya'll! I think they're really going to be surprised!

tempestbella42, this is the photo fabric I used:

http://www.printedtreasures.com/Pages/home.aspx

All you do is scan your photo to make it a jpg.
Then open up Word and Insert the picture.
Then you just follow the directions on the package.
You need an inkjet printer. You can't use a color copier, because they have powder toner and you need the ink.

PM me if you need any help :)

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
This is Dutch, I finished him last night:
IMG_1366.jpg

He's a little wonky because my sewing machine stopped working about halfway through making him and I finish a lot of him by hand. I consider the wonkiness to be part of a sock monkey's charm.

I made this box from a 1930s pattern that was torn up and beyond saving and some vintage sewing notions:
IMG_1375.jpg

Both are going to a silent auction to benefit the Animal Rescue League. The donation to the ARL is going to be made in the name of a friend who passed away recently.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
BeBopBaby, I know all about the wonkiness..HA HA! :) And I also consider it part of their charm.. I love him!! He looks very cuddly! And the box is too cute!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails