Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your BLUE leather jackets

IMG_4798.JPG

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Incroyable!

I've just collected my family from the airport after they've had two weeks away (leaving me home alone, and during which time I got this Interstate Leathers jacket).

And within an hour of being back in the house, Mrs Barnabus came into the kitchen carrying it on a hanger with her eyebrows making question marks on her forehead. After I'd subtly hidden it away in the guest room and not mentioned buying it.

She must have a sixth jacket sense.

I wish I did!

With someone like that, better be upfront and direct :)

red devil

I can't believe this thread has been idle for THREE MONTHS. Nevertheless, I have just bought another blue leather jacket.

Perhaps this time the mofo will actually fit!

Ah yes, I wonder if my Turquoise LL fits here... If not I have a navy LW on the way :D

ksozay

One Too Many
I ordered a navy cascade from Langlitz, a navy PLU from Vanson and bought a navy CR from Reed that I posted in a different thread because I could not locate this thread.

So more activity coming in the near future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barnabus

One Too Many
My blue jacket has arrived, but daylight has already gone running today, so I'm struggling to get photos that reflect the colour properly.

I'll try again, and get some fit pics tomorrow if I can. But the major news is, IT FITS!

It's an actual honest to goodness motorcycle jacket, from a motorcycle brand - Richa. But it's from their 'vintage line', which means retro cafe racer styling and one or two subtle, trim highlights. It also comes complete with a full set of D3O armour - shoulders, elbows and back - which looks pretty much imperceptible to an onlooker.

The hide is buffalo, and the blue is ace. Perhaps a tone or two lighter than a midnight blue, but by no means a bright colour. There'll be more detail in follow up posts, with better pictures too.

53a364c82991e01ac0fcd1a97ee0e2a6.jpg
89a28136e2f63e19c16921cd83e8f364.jpg
a6f593ec99747c1a4b9ef7c0cb3c5dcd.jpg

e: the middle photo there is probably closest to the real colour

sweetfights

My blue jacket has arrived, but daylight has already gone running today, so I'm struggling to get photos that reflect the colour properly.

I'll try again, and get some fit pics tomorrow if I can. But the major news is, IT FITS!

It's an actual honest to goodness motorcycle jacket, from a motorcycle brand - Richa. But it's from their 'vintage line', which means retro cafe racer styling and one or two subtle, trim highlights. It also comes complete with a full set of D3O armour - shoulders, elbows and back - which looks pretty much imperceptible to an onlooker.

The hide is buffalo, and the blue is ace. Perhaps a tone or two lighter than a midnight blue, but by no means a bright colour. There'll be more detail in follow up posts, with better pictures too.

53a364c82991e01ac0fcd1a97ee0e2a6.jpg
89a28136e2f63e19c16921cd83e8f364.jpg
a6f593ec99747c1a4b9ef7c0cb3c5dcd.jpg

e: the middle photo there is probably closest to the real colour

What a fantastic shade of blue- Lovely!

barnabus

One Too Many
Here's a couple of 'orrible quick photos, snatched before going to get my daughter from school, and before losing all the light. These are even worse at showing the colour than yesterday's photos, unfortunately. But they do show fit.

The first picture is over a hoodie and the second over just a t shirt. Both are with the full set of riding armour in place, and the zip out thermal liner zipped into the jacket.
dad51da104222777d31ab006df2c736c.jpg
6dd98048444156d79eb7f0381a1b481e.jpg

barnabus

One Too Many
That Richa series is nice - I was tempted by the green one, myself. I think this simple, cafe-racer style is an excellent foil for a bolder colour liked the blue or green.
Buying this Richa jacket was an utter no brainer. I had been in discussion with Gold Top because I wanted something for riding that looked traditional and not too ostentatious, could accommodate armour, and was BLUE. And although Gold Top don't offer blue as standard on any of their designs, they were very helpful and willing to discuss any degree of customisation I might be interested in. Even inviting me along to try on various styles and discuss custom options.

However at the price I found this Richa jacket, including about £60 worth of armour installed, I simply couldn't pass it up. So Gold Top might be in line for my next purchase, a little way down the line.

In fact, when my finger was hovering over the 'buy' button on the Richa, I was pretty tempted to buy it in the red instead / as well. The red looks absolutely terrific, but in the end sense prevailed (no off, @red devil!) and I went for something I reckon I'd feel happier to wear in real life as well.

Here's a couple of 'orrible quick photos, snatched before going to get my daughter from school, and before losing all the light. These are even worse at showing the colour than yesterday's photos, unfortunately. But they do show fit.

The first picture is over a hoodie and the second over just a t shirt. Both are with the full set of riding armour in place, and the zip out thermal liner zipped into the jacket.
dad51da104222777d31ab006df2c736c.jpg
6dd98048444156d79eb7f0381a1b481e.jpg
Perfect fit and terrific shade of blue. I love that! Well done!

Edward

Bartender
Buying this Richa jacket was an utter no brainer. I had been in discussion with Gold Top because I wanted something for riding that looked traditional and not too ostentatious, could accommodate armour, and was BLUE. And although Gold Top don't offer blue as standard on any of their designs, they were very helpful and willing to discuss any degree of customisation I might be interested in. Even inviting me along to try on various styles and discuss custom options.

Gold Top are certainly impressive; I love that they've taken the trend of retro jackets with modern armour and run it to the logical step of doing very 50s designs (Lewis so far have only done a production run with their more 70s designs - Super Monza and Racer) with it. I'll be interested to hear how you get on with them in future if they do blue; the blue in the example they have on their website is too bright for me, but if they could match that navy of your Richa in a 59 model, that would be quite something.

However at the price I found this Richa jacket, including about £60 worth of armour installed, I simply couldn't pass it up. So Gold Top might be in line for my next purchase, a little way down the line.

In fact, when my finger was hovering over the 'buy' button on the Richa, I was pretty tempted to buy it in the red instead / as well. The red looks absolutely terrific, but in the end sense prevailed (no off, @red devil!) and I went for something I reckon I'd feel happier to wear in real life as well.

Ha, for a long time I wanted the bright red cafe racer Brad Pitt wears in the headlamp-smashing sequence in Fight Club, but I don't think it would go with any of my aesthetic now. Richa do some nice stuff, and their branding is more subtle than many others. I rather like the looks of their take on the Belstaff Trialmaster / Barbour International style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner