Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your bowlers

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I have a few and wear them now and again. I'd like to see more pics of our members wearing their bowlers out and about.

My Dobbs bowler I had refurbished by Optimo hats.
420007_10151279476755618_712115617_22388142_206893421_n.jpg

My old Lock & Co Hatters bowler that needs to be refurbished.
Bowler1-vi.jpg

My old Knox bowler that needed refurbishing.
I'm in a bad mood in this pic. My hat is coming apart and I don't think the food is sitting well.
IMG_9291-vi.jpg

I have a brown one somewhere too.

Anywho, let's see those bowlers.

Last edited:

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I never thought I'd look good in a bowler. I don't own one, as a result. The closest thing I have is a black homburg. Haven't found occasion to wear that one in public yet, either...

The bowler is a weird hat. It's the one hat that can look classy or crass at the same time. A guy dressed to the nines can wear one and shine, or it looks just as in-place on a guy who just strolled out of the thrift-shop.

newturnofphrase

One of the Regulars
I used to wear one everywhere (not every day though) back in HS, but I don't have any pictures. These days I only wear them on holidays (nuit blanche, new years, possibly St. Patties etc) or occasionally when I'm celebrating and not going anywhere with a dress code. In my field conformity and image are important. And yet I think bowlers are great. Life is hard.

Also, Matt, I enjoy that your recent photos have been around Toronto. If there's anywhere in Toronto to wear a bowler, it's strolling down Queen west.

Last edited:

99benzman

New in Town
I don't have the bowlllls to wear a bowler... sorry I could not resist! I like the look but I don't dress up enough to wear one. I'm more of a casual dress guy and when I have business to do well, thats business casual.

Here are a couple, previously posted in the aforementioned thread. I do wear them, but not frequently.

Stetson Premier Quality

020812.jpg

Crofut & Knapp

knapp7.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I have a few and wear them now and again. I'd like to see more pics of our members wearing their bowlers out and about.

My Dobbs bowler I had refurbished by Optimo hats.
420007_10151279476755618_712115617_22388142_206893421_n.jpg

I love the way bowlers look on other people. I think I'd look goofy in one, but I could be wrong.

On another note, it looks like Matt is wearing a black hat with brown shoes, something I had thought was taboo, but if Matt does it, I guess it's not (totally) gauche.

Or is that a dark brown hat? Or black shoes? Am I just not seeing the colors properly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ