Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your favorites!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
hi ladies,

i just dug through my trunk and photographed some of my favorite vintage clothing items. i didn't purchase them recently, i didn't make them, but since i just uploaded all these pics i wanted to post them here. so here are a few of MY favorites. they're all wrinkled because they've been a disheveled mess in my steamer trunk for years. bad shooshoo.

brown nautical-theme pants. purchased from geez louise vintage in fullerton, ca. these had my name on them before the shipment arrived. i anticipated their arrival, sight unseen, for a couple weeks before they were in my hands. they fit like a glove. they have a button that needs to be sewn back on - i still have it.
2326111000_983799f672.jpg

adorable casual 40s dress. i suppose it could be worn as a jumper with a blouse underneath. yes, it's a dress, not a pinafore. unfortunately i busted the zipper and haven't replaced it. it has self-fabric ties that make a big bow in the back. purchased at the Whittier Antique Fair... for $10.
2326113050_9c0100e65a.jpg

rayon strawberry print hostess/dressing gown. like everything else, it is way more amazing than it looks hanging from a plastic hanger. purchased at La Bomba in Long Beach, CA.
2325290973_dd998eb20e.jpg

navy blue linen 40s skirt. amazing details - tucks, embroidery, buttons, kick pleats. be still my heart!! purchased at Geez Louise in Fullerton, CA.
2326229980_a3e32a3484_o.jpg

more at my myspace blog. (please know you will be subjecting yourself to cussing, whining, and other generally unladylike behavior should you choose to click.)

now show us YOUR favorite items!!

Shearer

Practically Family
What a good idea! It makes me realize that I don't even have pictures of some of my favourite pieces...

Favourite Little Black Dress:

1517758387_051028c328.jpg

Everyone I know is probably sick of this dress.

Favourite Sunglasses:

1716457309_ae87de979c.jpg

You cannot pry those sunglasses off of me during the summer!

Favourite Vintage Purse:

2214301232_55bf0e96f4.jpg

That was a tough one. I probably have 50 purses... this one was a gift and a surprise, and is my current favourite one.

Seriously, this is a great thread idea. We should do pics of all kinds of stuff! Have a pic of the best manicure you got? Best repro clothing item? Shoes? Jewelry?

Mojito

One Too Many
Love 'em all, but as I'm partial to both brown and to nautical influenced clothing, the brown pants have to get a double thumbs up! And the purse...so smart, and it looks like no one has ever breathed on it, let alone scratched it or marred it in any way!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
thanks, mojito. i was pretty astounded by them. they're one of those items you see in vintage catalogs and think, "now why can't i ever find anything like that?!"

shearer, that purse is FANTASTIC. i see why it's your favorite! and i'm sure no one is sick of that dress.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I love the idea of this thread--I'll contribute later today.

Shoo ShooBaby--that strawberry print is adorable.
Shearer--you should post all your purses--every single one I've seen so far has been beauiful. Great glasses too.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
This is without a doubt my favorite (and most expensive) vintage dress:
l_5e9527d14c1ede88ebf0def78e939065.jpg

Another fav:
l_ff30aa63449284fb76922bde1e742db2.jpg

Favorite coat:
l_e97dd0633a46d50e2dd0f8c7aa21f244.jpg

Favorite tractor:
l_cd5546da5fe6a427a995a1e803126e35.jpg

Kidding. lol

D

Deleted member 3716

i always love seeing your pictures, DPD.
its all in the facial expressions :)

The Shirt

Practically Family
Tractors are fun.

DPD - Those are both super fabulous dresses. Now if I could just lose about 60 lbs - could I borrow them? heehee.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Pink Dahlia said:
This is without a doubt my favorite (and most expensive) vintage dress:
l_5e9527d14c1ede88ebf0def78e939065.jpg

Pink, definitely love this dress. The combination of stripes and plain fabric is stunning, the fabric looks like it has a wonderful silk-like sheen to it, and look at the classic shape of that collar!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
The Shirt said:
Tractors are fun.

DPD - Those are both super fabulous dresses. Now if I could just lose about 60 lbs - could I borrow them? heehee.
Anytime, but your not that much bigger than me.
Paula- Thanks. I'm a ham at heart.

ehappy

Familiar Face
Favorite dress ever! 50's Serbin Sun Dress with four leaf clovers, pink lady bugs, green buttons, and pink piping. I'll never ever give it up!

10zv5ee.jpg

I don't have a pic right now, but another fave is a 40's pink and aqua cotton dress with double scalloped hem, scalloped neckline, and fabulous fabulous details.

What fun!

ehappy

Familiar Face
Pink Dahlia said:
This is my favorite hat:

l_d37a32fadc9644a2aeb2548f048d250d.jpg

Very loverly, Pink Dahlia! That color is fab! Here's my favorite hat. It was sent to me by a boardie from another forum, and I think it's real leopard but not sure I'll have to find out for sure. Nevertheless, another item I'm never ridding myself of. :) I don't even know if I'm wearing it right, I just know I like it. lol.

l_be4f8f4fc441440e547b6603adaf87d2.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
ehappy, it's that old thing - if you hadn't mentioned the wrinkles, I don't think anyone would have noticed them! We'd be looking at the beautiful piquant face framed in loose curls and lovely luxurious hat! As it is, that's what I get from the photos. It's the angle and the concentration involved that make you forhead pull up like that - you're gorgeous.

All photos gorgeous - Pinkdahlia, I so love both dress and hat in that photo (bet you can guess why!).

Deadpandiva, sweaterdresses are just too, too cool...as are your brilliant poses. So full of style and character!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy