Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Levallois

Practically Family
DSC01736.jpg

DSC01738.jpg

Just found out over at the cowboy action forum that "HER" stands for Hal Roach Studios so this is a movie/tv prop gun. How cool is that?

John

TheBeak

One of the Regulars
Well, this isn't nearly as pretty as most of what's been shown in this thread, but here's what I have to show. G17, EXO finish - alongside an Inova X03 LED, and some other essentials.

181740_1554131258617_1395261571_31192582_6369179_n.jpg

Last edited:

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
After a long wait, after filing my taxes a couple days ago, I went out and picked up this beauty yesterday (Thanks, Uncle Sam!). I love these and have known for a long time that this would be my first firearm purchase.

179609_10150096590899000_566218999_6032177_1200112_n.jpg

And .22LR is cheap... you could probably feed that Ruger for a week on about the same cost as a full firing-day's ammo for my 1911.

The Serious Tactical Snobs may look down their nose at you for it, but for "non-combat use" the .22 is a very practical selection. :) (And this comes from a certified "MilSpec 1911A1 Snob"!)

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
After a long wait, after filing my taxes a couple days ago, I went out and picked up this beauty yesterday (Thanks, Uncle Sam!). I love these and have known for a long time that this would be my first firearm purchase.

179609_10150096590899000_566218999_6032177_1200112_n.jpg

The .22 Long Rifle is a great round, one of the all time classics! Some where, I have a 1/4th scale plans for a .22 working Gatling gun, some day, some day!

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
The things you find...

I found this in a local shop. It's an M1895 Dutch Mannlicher with an interesting bit of folk art on the buttstock:
dutchman1.jpg

dutchman2.jpg

dutchman3.jpg

The stock has been duffle cut under the rear barrel band. It's most likely a bring back, question is, was Eddie the one who brought it home for his dad?

Not one you see anymore, especially the full length rifle. All matching, nice bore, I may shoot it, if I can find the ammo.

M

Icthruu74

New in Town
I love my .22's. Always take them to the range whenever I go. Great way to learn or refresh technique.

I dabbled in CAS for a while, and I don't really remember there being a lot of choices for '73 replicas.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I dabbled in CAS for a while, and I don't really remember there being a lot of choices for '73 replicas.

What's the affordable lever-action then? I was thinking Winchester '92, but it appears that would limit a guy to only shooting B Western (if I'm reading the SASS rules correctly).

There's a part of me that thinks it would be cool to gear up with Colt 1851s and a Henry instead of the standard SAA/Winchester gear.

-Dave

cwdubya

New in Town
What's the affordable lever-action then? I was thinking Winchester '92, but it appears that would limit a guy to only shooting B Western (if I'm reading the SASS rules correctly).

There's a part of me that thinks it would be cool to gear up with Colt 1851s and a Henry instead of the standard SAA/Winchester gear.

-Dave

You'll be able to shoot in any age based category, duelist, gunfighter, frontier cartridge, frontiersman, or B Western with your 92. The only restricted category for you with that rifle would be that you can't compete in classic cowboy. Likewise, if you had a 73, you couldn't compete in B western, but you'd be good to go in any other category. If you're looking at a 73 repro, you're looking at Uberti. Chaparral made or makes a 73, but it doesn't come highly recommended by most in SASS. I've never owned a Chaparral myself, so I can't say one way or the other. I do have a Uberti 73 (and 76, and Henry) and they all work great, you wouldn't go wrong with one. It's just too bad they're relatively pricey compared to a 92. The 'newish' Winchesters, of 1990s-2000s vintage don't come well recommended either. My dad uses a 94 in .45 Colt for SASS and it works just fine, but it's not as slick as other options. I'll be honest, it's a rough action. I think that if you go with a 92, you'll be okay. Another option would be to go after a Marlin. I've got a 94 Cowboy made in 1997, and it's been a gem. If I were you, unless you were dead set on messing around with troubleshooting percussion revolvers for a match, I'd stick with a 1873 model 'Peacemaker' type revolver. It'll save you a lot of headaches and while it won't have 'style points' like some revolvers have, but a Ruger New Vaquero for example will be much, much more user friendly. I've been shooting SASS since 1998, so while I don't claim to be any sort of authority, I've been around the block a little, so if I can help you out in any way just let me know!

Clayton

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner