Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Actually there are only two places to absolutely, completely dead stop someone. Right under the nose (hits the base of the brain and shuts down all vital functions immediately) or just above the lower ribs to either side of the sternum (the kidneys). A kidney shot is so excruciatingly painful that it stuns the perp. Either way you don't have to worry about him shooting back.

Levallois

Practically Family
Bought another Garand

That makes 5 Garands - I'm out of control - this one a Korean War era refurbish of a 1943 Springfield with a 1950 dated SA barrel and some post WWII parts.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
That makes 5 Garands - I'm out of control - this one a Korean War era refurbish....

The finest rifle in the world.
---sure beats collecting beat up Polish Makarov P64s and such steel.
All I want for Xmas is a Savage M10FCP .308 sniper rifle with a Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20X scope.

jkingrph

Practically Family
The finest rifle in the world.
---sure beats collecting beat up Polish Makarov P64s and such steel.
All I want for Xmas is a Savage M10FCP .308 sniper rifle with a Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20X scope.

Definetly excellent rifles, but I do not know about finest. I like to put my Swedish Mausers, and the Swiss Schmidt-Rubins and K-31's up there in that category also.

Renault

One Too Many
Okay, I'm gonna commit a bit of heresy.....
Garands? As a combat rifle they had extremely few equals. But I abhor the things. Just not my kind of firearm. I just don't like 'em. Levellois you may have my share! :)

If we are refering to magazine rifles, I still think an Oberndorf Type "A" 98 sporter is the slickest looking rifle out there. Like Osa Johnson's 9.3 x 62. Seconded maybe by a Mannlicher/Schoenauer M1903 sporter in 6.5 x 54....... Simply cool rifles.

Renault

Oldsarge

One Too Many
That's 'cause you never had to hump one all day. Those things were solid and reliable but heavy? Man! Now don't get me wrong. After twenty-nine years of dealing with the damned things, I whole-heartedly hate the M-16 and its offspring. But they sure were easier to carry . . .

Levallois

Practically Family
Apparently I'm going to buy everyone's share of Garands. I can't really put into words why I love the Garand so much. It just feels right and it fits me better than any other military rifle that I've tried and I've tried a lot. Also, I just shoot the lights out with one. However, you're right. I've never carried one in combat. My dad did and mentioned how heavy they were - he was 6 ft and 140 lbs as a glider rider in WWII Europe with the 325th - a 9+ pound rifle and the 06 ammo weighed a ton to him. But he was glad to have the rifle when he got to wherever they were going.

As for me, if we ever get attacked by zombie paper targets then I'm all set. They'll be dead out to as far as I can see them. Of course, I'll be resting my rifle on a tree or a rock and taking my time. Those zombie paper targets don't move real fast so I won't need to lug anything anywhere. Fast moving zombies are another story . . . . . . .

John

EriCal

Familiar Face
My Smith & Wesson .22 single shot. Lettered

IMG_1084.jpg

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I can't really put into words why I love the Garand so much. It just feels right and it fits me better than any other military rifle that I've tried and I've tried a lot. My dad did and mentioned how heavy they were - But he was glad to have the rifle when he got to wherever they were going.

John[/QUOTE,]

The M1 is an all-clime/terrain rifle, a primary weapon that can match hell.

Renault

One Too Many
Harp,

I made the comment to a customer the other day that in WWII, the Germans were sent to war with a hunting rifle and the Americans were sent in with a combat rifle!

Renault

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou