Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

twaits

New in Town
...and I still have an early Police Positive Special (first year production 1908) that I have not molested :)
This one was a police gun and in very nice shape. Bought it for $265

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

twaits

New in Town
1903 Colt Pocket Hammerless .32 from 1917. This one is engraved with initials as you can see and the finish has been removed. It is in the white

IMG_0776.jpg

This is a 1908 Pocket hammerless .380 from 1911

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

Kirk H.

One Too Many
1909 Army Special

IMG_0643-1.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

Cut down 1915 Army Special. This one is currently at my gunsmith having a front sight installed. The original barrel had a cracked forcing cone so I rebarreled it. Got this one for a little over $100

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

Those are some nice Colts. Years ago I saw one of the 1915's that had the barrel cut down and had the "Fitz" treatment done on it. The gentleman that owned it was an older retired police officer that had carried that back in the 1950's. He used to come into a gunshop that is long gone now and we would swap "war stories". Brings back fond memories... Thanks for sharing. Also that picture of the target from 7 yard is quite nice. How hard is it to eject the spent casings with small ejector rod?

Kirk

twaits

New in Town
Kirk, I was actually surprised how easy they eject. I thought I would have to pick the cases out by hand but I could actually kick them all clear with one good push on the rod.

twaits

New in Town
Sawed off Remington model 11 "whippet" gun with Cutts compensator

IMGP4201.jpg

Oswald Carcano copy. This was missing the bayo lug when I shot the pic. I have since replaced it.

IMGP4163.jpg

Merwin Hulbert that my Dad used to carry when he was a teenager

IMGP4117.jpg

1918 Artillery Luger

IMG_2090.jpg

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
1903 Colt Pocket Hammer-less .32 from 1917. This one is engraved with initials as you can see and the finish has been removed. It is in the white
IMG_0776.jpg

This is a 1908 Pocket hammer-less .380 from 1911
IMG_0767.jpg

Heres one from 1920 that I currently have for sale
IMG_0967.jpg
Those are some fine autos Twaits!

Guess I'm a little different than many engraved gun owners. I have quite a few...but shoot them! I haven't found that shooting them bothers the deep relief engraving. I even carry several engraved handguns without damage..but I'm not fast drawing with them,either. Probably 95% of my handguns are stainless where bluing wear is of no concern. I can see where some of the 'lighter' more delicately engraved firearms might not be wise to carry. I have hunted with my engraved rifles and shotguns..but am careful not to throw them around or let them bounce around...but I'm not much different with a nice firearm without engraving...

I decided that I only wanted firearms that I could and would use. The calibers I enjoyed shooting..carrying...and hunting with. It just so happens that being an artist myself..I was drawn to the artwork of others skilled in metal engraving and inlays...and was willing to invest in that artistry...
HD, that's exactly my take on things... while I will shoot any gun I own, I will take care of it regardless of whether or not it's engraved...
Care to post some pics so we can see? :D I like looking at other people's guns, it lets me evaluate my likes and dislikes before I make a purchase, therefore (for the most part) doing away with that ":eusa_doh: I bought something expensive I don't actually like!"

I like "simple, beautiful, original"
158470480607625529_ERpylif6_c.jpg

but at the same time I do think this
158470480607738632_aee9Jf0q_c.jpg

with some plain black buffalo grips would be absolutely, downright gorgeous!
(though I would do it with a modern replica for cost reasons) ;)

HD, that's exactly my take on things... while I will shoot any gun I own, I will take care of it regardless of whether or not it's engraved...
Care to post some pics so we can see? :D I like looking at other people's guns, it lets me evaluate my likes and dislikes before I make a purchase, therefore (for the most part) doing away with that ":eusa_doh: I bought something expensive I don't actually like!"

Here's a few that I've posted before somewhere in this thread. I need to get photos of my other handguns a longarms....

100_0464.jpg

The Python on top is factory engraved. The semi matching center revolvers are deep relief engraved by 'Shostle'..the autos were done by another engraver. Ben Shostle's engraving was one of my favorites..plus he was local. Quite the charactor..sadly he passed away several years ago.

Last edited:

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
Really liking the Tyler-T on that .357 in the middle! It has a way of "finishing" the handle without drawing from the elegance of the S&W grips...

Still working on the medallion I'll embed in the grips, but here's a preview of a pair of S&W 28s I designed on my computer & want to put together... (I'm a big fan of all-black buffalo grips) ;)
158470480607738691_thJv80bU_c.jpg

I'll post more pics when the design is complete

Last edited:

DesertDan

One Too Many
I was curious to know from everyone else: if you could choose between two variants of the same gun, do you prefer customizing with decorative grips
Wayne357small.jpg

Perhaps both?
1911_jpg.jpg

I love a good BBQ gun! Add some really nice handtooled leather and OH YEAH!!

As for the grips, if they are wood then I don't care for much except maybe a bit of checkering if ivory or some other material, especially on 1911s then engraving is okay by me.

twaits

New in Town
'48 ish Smith & Wesson 2" M&P. Detroit PD gun. I installed the factory S&W MOP grips

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

A couple of Smiths from about 1865

IMG_0827.jpg

Some first model HE 1896 Smiths

IMG_1053.jpg

twaits

New in Town
Police Positive rebarreled with a Bankers Special barrel
IMGP4355.jpg

Pre model 36 chiefs special Smith from about 1957. This is like the one that Henry Hill beats the piss out of his girlfriends neighbor with in Goodfellas
IMGP4095.jpg

Smith & Wesson DA Frontier .44-40 and a cut down 3rd model .38

IMGP3932.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL