Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

TomS

One Too Many
Just picked up this wonderful beauty yesterday.
Model 1891 Carcano, 1918 dated. 6.5 Carcano. She really is in just wonderful condition, the rifling is flawless, no cracks or arsenal repairs.

Wellok011-2.jpg

I like that helmet too!

Hunter_aka_Scotty

One of the Regulars
Thank you! It's one of the prizes of my small collection. Italian M1917, with an original hand painted decal on the front for the 30th Arditi assault division. They were originally ordered to remove all divisional decals in early 1918. This one survived!

Are you into helmets?

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
Hey guys,

was at a gun shop today, saw a sport Brit 303 MK VI. Uncut barrel, receiver stamped 1943, and on the top of the receiver near the bolt was stamped US Property...I have never seen this, and it may be common, price was 295.00 kinda high for a 303 sporterized..I thought anyway. I paid about 68.00 for a clean MK VI in a Boscovs in the early 90's. What is up with the US Property stamp??? The stamp looked legit, not a home job...
John

The Inspector

One of the Regulars
The other forum(Gun forum) I'm a member of decided that they wanted to have another contest to see who would get their picture in the calendar. Since it was my first year I decided to join in on the fun and get a picture with my Knox 20 and Dan Wesson model 15-2. As a added bonus I have added that "1940's hand painted ad" feel that you would get reading old magazines. Enjoy!
DanWessonentry1.jpg

Last edited:

pompier

Familiar Face
What is up with the US Property stamp??? The stamp looked legit, not a home job...
The US property stamp is legit. Savage made a bunch of these for Britain under the Lend/Lease program before we were officially in the war.

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
Pomp,

so is the 295 tag worth it if correct wood is put back on? Any collector value to it? As stated .303s are/were a dime a dozen, then again I could have bought a M-1 Carbine for 80 bucks back in the early 90s too.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Nice photo Inspector, love your Smith.
I'd like to get a 10 and a 15 but I need a 4" M19 first to round out my collection.
My 2.5" M19 is my favorite handgun.
Ahhhh, so many Smiths, so little money. :(

DesertDan

One Too Many
I didn't notice the vented rib and DW medallion at first, my bad.
A beautiful firearm, does it have the interchangeable barrels?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I talked with the Dan Wesson guys at the 1993 NRA Convention, those are really great guns. It's way too back that they didn't stay in business.

later

DeaconKC

One Too Many
The Lend Lease rifle you have was made by Savage for the Brits. Prices are going up on them, so $295 will not be out of line in a couple more years. They have great sights and have the advantage of being built outside of a war zone. See if the seller will take a little less since you will have to find replacement parts and have that expense.

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
Thanks Deacon...I was about to go over to your other site....still will for that matter!!

edit

just got back from surplus rifle, I am gonna pass on this unless I can get it for a deal. It is on consignment, we will see....

Last edited:

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Thanks Deacon...I was about to go over to your other site....still will for that matter!!

edit

just got back from surplus rifle, I am gonna pass on this unless I can get it for a deal. It is on consignment, we will see....

'Fixer, drop over there and once you get enougn posts, you can hit the for sale section and find a good one. Good luck.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Martinis, anyone?

I've just added another Martini to my collection. On Wednesday I went to a local auction that had a good number of rifles listed, and amongst them was an 1887 Enfield Martini Mk.IV with sling. Since the Mk.IV was on my shopping list I was hoping to get this rifle without breaking the bank. It seems as though most bidders at this auction were there for the precious metals, and not the firearms as few sold for close to what they were worth. I left the auction with the Martini for only $175.
Picture347.jpg

Sorry about the low quality of this photo, I really need to photograph it outside in better light.

Picture348.jpg

I realized after taking that photo that I needed to tighten the sling swivel screw.

Untitled.jpg

Acceptance stamps on the buttstock show Nepalese service.

I wish I had taken more money to the auction, as I would have brought home more interesting milsurp rifles. I did bring home a 1915 Enfield No.1 Mk.III SMLE rifle that sold for $125. It has some surface rust issues I wish to resolve before I photograph it, but stay posted for photos soon.

flyfishark

Practically Family
I have a question maybe one of you can answer. I had a Wilson and a Kimber 45. Both of them had real issues with f/t/f and f/t/e. It seemed that they had to be cleaned after every outing. I finally got rid of them for a 45 revolver, and a .357. Was it just me, or are those 1911s really touchy?

Rathdown

Practically Family
I have a question maybe one of you can answer. I had a Wilson and a Kimber 45. Both of them had real issues with f/t/f and f/t/e. It seemed that they had to be cleaned after every outing. I finally got rid of them for a 45 revolver, and a .357. Was it just me, or are those 1911s really touchy?
Hmm... two pistols, by two makers. Did both FTF & FTE? Or did each pistol exhibit a different malfunction? Also, were you firing factory ammo, or reloads? As regards cleaning any handgun after each outing, isn't this what you are supposed to do? A well cared for handgun will rarely fail to function whereas one that is shot, and shot, and shot, and only rarely cleaned will, inevitably, be less reliable.

My experience with .45 autos suggests that most FTFs (Failure To Feed) can be traced to magazine problems -- usually caused by dirt having accumulated inside the magazine, something a regular cleaning (monthy, if you life depends on your handgun) will usually prevent; a worn spring or follower can also be considered as potential culprits. FTE (Failure To Eject) can be caused by dirt preventing the proper working of the extractor, a worn ejector, or poor technique on the part of the shooter (limp wristing).

In any event, a firearm should always be thoroughly cleaned before it is put away.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
And if you prefer not to have to clean your 1911 clone each trip to the range, then perhaps the switch to wheel-guns was prudent. Personally, I just like revolvers better anyway but that's irrelevant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner