Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Here are a few of mine. Barely the tip of the iceberg to my collection, but the ones I thought were most relevant to this forum. These are all 100% legal and observe all State and Federal Laws. I would like to get some better pictures of a few of my favorites such as the M95/34 Steyrs and the Carcano Cav. Carbine.

Edited to list the firearms.

Semi-Auto converted Finnish Model 1931 Suomi. 9mm Luger.
Post War Polish TT-33 Tokarev, dated 1948 7.62x25
Reproduction Model 1887 Coach Double Barrel Shotgun. 12. Gauge.
Soviet Russian model 1895 Nagant Revolver, dated 1944. 7.62x38
Reproduction Model 1872 Richards & Mason's Colt Conversion. .38 Special.

Awesome. This list looks like the start of a weapons list for a steampunk first person shooter! lol

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Welcome Scotty, good looking bunch of firearms!

And the Broomie is a parts gun anyway [thankfully] so I don't have to worry about the collector's value, it's a shooter. Or will be again.
A friend of mine had a Chinese .45 Broomhandle he assembled from parts. A great shooter, wish I had done the same.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Not sure I understand. These are all real and functional firearms. Two of them were used in WW2.

No, of course I realize that. I just mean that you have a very eclectic mix of different guns there, and they tend to follow the pattern used by FPS's in their lineup - you have an SMG, a double barrelled shotty, a semi auto pistol, a couple of revolvers. If they were to make a steampunk FPS I could see them using this lineup as a starting point. It would probably go on to include a gatling gun and some kind of Mauser 98 sniper rifle or something.

Sweet collection! :D Have you got any more?

Hunter_aka_Scotty

One of the Regulars
No, of course I realize that. I just mean that you have a very eclectic mix of different guns there, and they tend to follow the pattern used by FPS's in their lineup - you have an SMG, a double barrelled shotty, a semi auto pistol, a couple of revolvers. If they were to make a steampunk FPS I could see them using this lineup as a starting point. It would probably go on to include a gatling gun and some kind of Mauser 98 sniper rifle or something.

Sweet collection! :D Have you got any more?

Thank you! Loads actually, I own some 50 odd firearms. Ranging from a 1640's English lock to a brand new Saiga AKM. Here are a few more.

Reproduction Colt Model P or standard "Peacemaker" .45 Long Colt
HEHEHE025.jpg
[/IMG]

HEHEHE023.jpg
[/IMG]

A sadly sporterized British Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk2 dated 1942, .303 British (I hate when they do that.)
HEHEHE013.jpg
[/IMG]

Marlin Lever action, .30-30
HEHEHE011.jpg
[/IMG]

Left to right, 1964 dated Lee-Enfield No.1 Mk3 Ishapore .308. 1916 dated Lee-Enfield No.1 Mk3 .303 (I believe it's an Ishapore rebuild)
Gunsandbayonets033.jpg
[/IMG]

American Derringer Corp, .38 Special
Gunsandbayonets025.jpg
[/IMG]

Phoenix Arms, .25 Auto.
Gunsandbayonets024.jpg
[/IMG]

BigFitz

Practically Family
Thank you! Loads actually, I own some 50 odd firearms. Ranging from a 1640's English lock to a brand new Saiga AKM. Here are a few more.

Reproduction Colt Model P or standard "Peacemaker" .45 Long Colt
HEHEHE025.jpg
[/IMG]

HEHEHE023.jpg
[/IMG]

A sadly sporterized British Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk2 dated 1942, .303 British (I hate when they do that.)
HEHEHE013.jpg
[/IMG]

Marlin Lever action, .30-30
HEHEHE011.jpg
[/IMG]

Left to right, 1964 dated Lee-Enfield No.1 Mk3 Ishapore .308. 1916 dated Lee-Enfield No.1 Mk3 .303 (I believe it's an Ishapore rebuild)
Gunsandbayonets033.jpg
[/IMG]

American Derringer Corp, .38 Special
Gunsandbayonets025.jpg
[/IMG]

Phoenix Arms, .25 Auto.
Gunsandbayonets024.jpg
[/IMG]

It is sad when they get sporterized but they can be bought cheap usually. It looks like something Jeff Copper would have approved of though.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
After the World Wars, throughout the Commonwealth sporterized Lee-Enfields were the equivalent of sporterized '03/A3's. They were Everyman's gun. The Canadians, especially, built up quite a range of cartridges of various calibers based on the .303 case. I don't find that terrible at all, any more than I think all WWII jeeps should be brought back to concourse d'elegance condition and genuflected before. It's a solid, well-designed, accurate hunting rifle built from a piece of war surplus that would otherwise be melted down. It should be appreciated as that. Of course, if you really don't want it . . . :D

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Oh man that peacemaker is sweeeeeet. I have a ruger vaquero in .357mag which is basically a modernized repro of the same revolver. Love the shot of the hat/satchel/pistol/camera. Looks like you're ready for any adventure!

If you're so inclined, you can purchase repro or sometimes even vintage wood furniture for your lee enfield and de-sporterize it back its original appearance.

Hunter_aka_Scotty

One of the Regulars
Yes, I do intend to eventually intend to build a new rifle using the parts from this one. The barrel is cut down so it is useless. Sporterizing historical military firearms is an abomination and causes the rape of something that has history and worked JUST fine before some one decided to butcher it up. I don't care how "nicely" its done. In this case it is poorly done considering the twit removed some screws and replaced them with nails! :mad:

Like it or hate it as I do, the brutal fact of the matter is that sporterizing a historical rifle does nothing more than destroy its value. I picked this up for 50$ normally No.4 Mk2's sell for 2-600$ I felt it was worth trying to either restore it or keep it for parts. Realistically, even if it was a cheap hunting rifle for the poor.... There is no need to sporterize it. It will still hit its target before it was butchered. In fact, some become less accurate with the cutting of the barrel or adding new sights.

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
some become less accurate with the cutting of the barrel or adding new sights.

If you have a sporterized rifle that is inaccurate try having a gunsmith crown the bore. Frequently the end of the rifling is uneven after the gun is cut down.

Sporterized guns may be ugly from a military viewpoint but if you put on deep red hunting plaid and a set of wood and rawhide snowshoes you have a very appropriate civilian gun. for a late '40s trip to the Adirondaks.

Hunter_aka_Scotty

One of the Regulars
Got loads of other period civilian hunting rifles. They are only ugly because they are butchered from their original condition. I love a good hunting rifle.

Kinda funny this of all of my firearms is getting the most attention....

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
Even if they are ugly, sporterized guns are at least authentically ugly.

Someday all the modern military guns modified with composite stocks and accessory rails will be looked at the same way. I already think they are ugly.

Hunter_aka_Scotty

One of the Regulars
Even if they are ugly, sporterized guns are at least authentically ugly.

Someday all the modern military guns modified with composite stocks and accessory rails will be looked at the same way. I already think they are ugly.

I honestly don't really believe the gun is ugly. I believe what was done to it is ugly. Considering the wide range of guns I have, It is very difficult for me to say ANY gun no matter how old or new is truly ugly.

Model 1695 French Firelock, .69 (don't have one of the full length with out me holding it.)
Guns2004.jpg
[/IMG]
Old Winchester single shot, .22
Toys030.jpg
[/IMG]
Savage single shot shotgun, .410
Toys034.jpg

Remington single shot break breech, .20 gauge.
Toys042.jpg

Remington Pump, .12 gauge.
Toys043.jpg

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner