Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Some shots of my M-1. It's a franken-rifle, put together from random parts so no history behind it. Still a great shooter, 2,000+ rounds through it without a hitch.

CAI reciever, Boyd stock, everything else is USGI.

M1001.jpg

M1002.jpg

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bruce Stern, lifelong firearm collector recently passed. His collection of hundreds of firearms spans decades and was museum quality. It is now up for auction.

Follow the link to see the auction listings (with pictures), it's chock full of classic and vintage firearms to include many machineguns and even a couple pre-war anti-tank rifles... and a flamethrower, and some mortars... and some bazookas....

This is history, some of these guns are one of a kind prototypes.

http://juliaauctions.net/auctions/233/div_catalog_233.asp?col=stern

I keep adding to the list as I read.

Hey Doran, he had an RPG-2. Spielberg has no excuse. ;)

Check out #130-133 for some "Steampunky" pistols.

Don't miss the 2nd page, check out 1216 and read the decription then look at the picture.

Also on pg. 2 - Swords, knives, flags and other historical artifacts, including letters.

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
Love those M1s ! I once owned 3 now just 1. I wish I could shoot my collection but I live in CALIFORNIA ! Sorry it's frustrating, if I could ever get a camera setup I'll show you my 1903a3 I got from a friend for a 200.00 ! A mint condition Remington. Love those "broke" friends.

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
John I used to go out to Barstow but as you know they've built up big time out there. The ranges are fine for sighting in but nothing beats camping out.
The last time I went out there they had signs stating a new community was being built. I guess I'll cave and shoot the M-1 at the range. Plus I miss that Ping !

It has been years since i was at either. Camping out and being able to set out ranges and scenarios out in the desert was what was great. You could set up a series of "targets" and do a high speed drill without having a rangemaster go nuts. Still even sighting in at the range has its benefits.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
that's a great looking Gold Cup you got there Rumble...

slightly :eek:fftopic: but...i love the ranges up here in La Grande...around $50 a year for two ranges: a 300 and a 100, no rangemasters unless there is a competition, combo locks for members to let themselves in and at least a dozen cement bench rests with a fully covered metal roof...pretty neat...

edit: make that 5 ranges...and $45 a year...

Story

I'll Lock Up
carebear said:
Bruce Stern, lifelong firearm collector recently passed. His collection of hundreds of firearms spans decades and was museum quality. It is now up for auction. .

Wow, he had some pieces that aren't even in Aberdeen's vault. :eek:

carebear

Story said:
Wow, he had some pieces that aren't even in Aberdeen's vault. :eek:

He was a longtime NRA Director so the NRA Museum is getting quite a few.

Hmmm, I wonder if that means there's MORE that aren't up for auction due to being already bequeathed? :eek:

Twitch

There is a rifle range in the Valley somewhere cause the gun magazine guys use it. Sorry I don't know exactly where. But it is more fun to be out shooting in nature. We used to ge to Kentucky Range up out of Azusa but it gets crowded and when you need to go down range it gets dangerous from adjacent shooters.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Has anyone here ever purchased one of the guns from the CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) My Dad showed their catalog and it seemed interesting although it appeared that for the lower priced ones you may not even have a working..?

carebear

indycop said:
Has anyone here ever purchased one of the guns from the CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) My Dad showed their catalog and it seemed interesting although it appeared that for the lower priced ones you may not even have a working..?

Most of the difference in price on the CMP rifles is the stock quality and finish. That's what the "rack grade", "service grade" etc distinctions mean.

The other thing that can adjust price is whether the gun has been refurbished.

If you buy from CMP you're getting a certified shooter, unless you deliberately go looking for a parts gun.

D

DeaconKC

Flyer, welcome to the place. Good looking 36 and love the old school "persuader".

Indy, CMP, is the best way to get a Garand.
http://surplusrifle.com/garand/index.asp
This link has lots of good info for you.
PS: We want pics when you get that beast, and welcome to the Garand club!

Got my engineering-sample (i.e., component familiarization and reverse-engineering) 1911 last weekend (a homebuild on an Essex frame), but it's not leaving the case or having the action untied until I'm a little more confident in my knowledge of fieldstripping. Pics after that, maybe I'll swap out the obnoxious extended slidestop for GI first...

carebear

Diamondback said:
Got my engineering-sample (i.e., component familiarization and reverse-engineering) 1911 last weekend (a homebuild on an Essex frame), but it's not leaving the case or having the action untied until I'm a little more confident in my knowledge of fieldstripping. Pics after that, maybe I'll swap out the obnoxious extended slidestop for GI first...

Congrats buddy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy