Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Story

I'll Lock Up
cooncatbob said:
Here it is, it was called a Howdah and was the last line of defense when you were tiger hunting from the back of an elephant and the tiger decides to come join you.
20060119_side_full_sm.jpg
PH0572.JPG

$675 assembled
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=14019
and $525 for the kit
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=14306
and $30 for the bucket holster.

rumblefish

One Too Many
The season is almost over, one more month. All but two are cleaned and in the back of the safe.

From the top:

Winchester 870 12 Ga., with the old Polychoke. Dads old duck gun.
Beretta A302 12 Ga. My first shotgun countless rounds through it-not one miss fire or missed cycle. (Also has gotten a few triples; ducks, geese)
Marlin 512 slug gun. For deer where I can't use a rifle.
Franchi Falconet 20 Ga.
Beretta Silver Snipe 12 Ga.
AyA 4/53 28 Ga. My "last" gun.
DSC00743.jpg

Close up of AyA to show case colors and stock figure.
DSC00747.jpg

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Here are two rifles that I got from my FIL. The first one is an Enfield .303

IMG_2792.jpg

This one is a Springfield .45-70 Trapdoor rifle. The date on the stock is 1878.

IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
My Semi-Auto

Colt 10mm. Monster gun. Higher velocity than a .45. Surprisingly comfortabole to carry inspite of large frame size. Shown also, me putting it through paces in a competition shoot. Guns are great.

Colt10.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
KY Gentleman said:
Here are two rifles that I got from my FIL. The first one is an Enfield .303

IMG_2792.jpg

This one is a Springfield .45-70 Trapdoor rifle. The date on the stock is 1878.

IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg
Great rifles!
I should take a few pictures of my milsurp rifles to post in this thread.

D

DeaconKC

Nickel Model 19, 1906 .38 HE, 1921 .38 HE
Kframes002.jpg

Model 28 Highway Patrolman
Model28006.jpg

another view of the 1906 with hand checkered Herret grips
gunsandleather005.jpg

Some of my WW2 rifles, displayed for our Veteran's Day Honor's Service, the Arisaka was a capture and still has it's mum, the Mauser was seized in a meth lab raid, and the Mosin and Enfield were both built in the USA, as of course was the Garand!
veteransday07007.jpg

My 1915 Luger with Imperial markings
1915Luger002.jpg

and a "parts gun" Bolo
broomhandle001.jpg

Oh, last but not least, my working togs
gunknife001-1.jpg

JEEP

Practically Family
Nice rack..... uh.. I mean.... great collection :D

That's a nasty looking dirk you have there - is it a cold steel culloden?

Welcome to the Lounge btw.

/Jakob

rumblefish

One Too Many
My uncle owned a gun shop. I couldn't believe all the Arisakas folks had. No flower and converted to .257 Roberts. I just got rid of one and its reloading dies.

D

DeaconKC

Thanks guys, yup the dirk is a Cold Steel Culloden, one of my "get off me knives" and here are a couple of pics of the mum:'
arisakamum002.jpg

arisakamum001.jpg

When I bought it I thought it would be a wall hanger, as you couldn't even see down the barrel. Got it home and found out the cleaning rod was stuck in the bore. Very good bore and a good shooter.

DeaconKC, might I respectfully suggest it might be a good idea to blur out your nametag when posting photos of your gear with it? Nice collection, aside from that polymer sissy-pistol :p , which I'll concede there probably wasn't much if any choice on.

Gene, I've been thinking about fitting a 10mm barrel at the same time as I build my .45-cal 1911s, so I can have either option with just a few parts changes.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
DeaconKC, that's a nice collection. I have to ask, as a fellow Broomhandle owner (mine is shown on page 15, message 213 on this thread), why do you call your Bolo a parts gun? Is it one of the shot-out Bolos that FedOrd imported from China back in the 80's? I had to resleeve the barrel of my Broomhandle, as it was so badly shot out.

D

DeaconKC

DB,thanks for the suggestion, I have a nice secure safe for them, and my clients figured out a long time ago where I live. So there is a general understanding between us about any "visits" to the property.
Kilroy, it is a parts gun, somebody put it together from a whole bunch of separate guns, it's finicky, but it still works and who ever refinished it did a beautiful job on the polishing and bluing.

Curt Dawson

Familiar Face
Ariska

My dad has a 7.7 Ariska with the chrome lined bore that he bought for $10.00 back in the 50's.The stock has been "sportized" but all the metal work is original including the 2000 meter ladder rear sight with aa flip out wings.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's the old Colt Police Positive Special 32-20 which is imprinted on the barrel. It was my grandfather's. Probably a 85-90% finish

P2150001.jpg

Warbaby

One Too Many
No pix because I put my guns in storage with the rest of our stuff when we moved to Amsterdam five years ago. My current arsenal consists of:

Winchester 94, 30-30 caliber trapper's model.

Weatherby Mark XXII, a beautiful .22 that's stocked like a big game rifle. This is one of the good early ones made in Italy (later made in Japan)

Custom match-grade 1911 .45, frame by Safari Arms (when they were still based in Phoenix), SS&S slide, Pachmeyer grips, custom-made compensator. Frame is matte black, slide is gloss black. Cool.

Mid-19th century (1866) percussion plains rifle with elaborate stock inlays in brass and german silver. This is a family heirloom that came down from my great-great grandfather.

If it proves to be too much hassle to bring the modern guns into Canadia, particularly the .45, I may decide to sell them, though. (If any Fedorians are interested, let me know and you can have first dibs if I decide to part with them).

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Warbaby said:
No pix because I put my guns in storage with the rest of our stuff when we moved to Amsterdam five years ago. My current arsenal consists of:

Winchester 94, 30-30 caliber trapper's model.

Weatherby Mark XXII, a beautiful .22 that's stocked like a big game rifle. This is one of the good early ones made in Italy (later made in Japan)

Custom match-grade 1911 .45, frame by Safari Arms (when they were still based in Phoenix), SS&S slide, Pachmeyer grips, custom-made compensator. Frame is matte black, slide is gloss black. Cool.

Mid-19th century (1866) percussion plains rifle with elaborate stock inlays in brass and german silver. This is a family heirloom that came down from my great-great grandfather.

If it proves to be too much hassle to bring the modern guns into Canadia, particularly the .45, I may decide to sell them, though. (If any Fedorians are interested, let me know and you can have first dibs if I decide to part with them).

None of your guns fall into the "prohibited" category, even the 1911 (being a handgun with a 5" barrel it's merely "restricted"). You should be able to bring them in. Different provinces might have slightly different regs.

The key is to start asking well before you move back, that gives you time to negotiate the bureaucracy. You don't want to be worrying about faxing stuff mid-move.

rumblefish

One Too Many
And the rest:

My hand guns;
Magnum Reasearch Long Eagle 7mm-08 (posted before)
Colt Series 80 Mark IV Gold cup National Match
Ruger Mark II
DSC00752.jpg

My .22s;
Remington 40-X
Remington model 572 BDL

DSC00751.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy