Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

There at least used to be a whole thread on things everyone had shot with the recoil plug on a 1911. PERSONALLY, I had one go up, and then not come down. I carry extras now. They make a plug that screws on the end of the recoil spring now, I have them on all of my 1911's except the newest. I need to order a few more. One guy mentioned that his dog wouldn't stay in the room when he was cleaning guns.

Later

rjb1

Practically Family
If you have worked on guns long enough to have encountered the anti-gravity parts that go up and never come down, you have also probably had experience with the "China-syndrome" parts that you drop and which go right through the floor and the earth and wind up in China. (They must, since they are NOWHERE to be found where I dropped them.)
I have always wondered how the people over there deal with the little metal bits that come flying up out of the ground.

Renault

One Too Many
Snagged another old Winchester today! Model 1894.

Mfg in 1909. Traded an old trapdoor Springfield for it. 1/2round 1/2 octogon, 22" barrel. 30 WCF. Bore is nice and crisp. Mechanically sound. Not too wild about the wood refinish. But I wanted a good user I wasn't afraid to get down and dirty with if need arises!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
If you have worked on guns long enough to have encountered the anti-gravity parts that go up and never come down, you have also probably had experience with the "China-syndrome" parts that you drop and which go right through the floor and the earth and wind up in China. (They must, since they are NOWHERE to be found where I dropped them.)
I have always wondered how the people over there deal with the little metal bits that come flying up out of the ground.
Gremlins, are known to still parts also. I have dropped many parts, watched exactly where they have landed, then when I go to retreive them, they are gone!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up

Mfg in 1909. Traded an old trapdoor Springfield for it. 1/2round 1/2 octogon, 22" barrel. 30 WCF. Bore is nice and crisp. Mechanically sound. Not too wild about the wood refinish. But I wanted a good user I wasn't afraid to get down and dirty with if need arises!

Nice 94! Hard to beat the feel of the old actions. I would not be surprised if their is some nice figuring under that finish.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I wish I could have one. My country gun laws are very restrictive. I have to give a explanation why I need it and can only buy ammunition with the approval of public safety police.
That is why I have a lever action co2 gun.

Picard1138

One of the Regulars

Beautiful piece. I've been trying to find a nice one of these in .44-40 or .45 LC for a long time. I have a Winchester '97 in .30-30, but there's nothing like a pistol round in one of these lever guns.

-Max

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful piece. I've been trying to find a nice one of these in .44-40 or .45 LC for a long time. I have a Winchester '97 in .30-30, but there's nothing like a pistol round in one of these lever guns.

-Max

Max, wasn't the '97 a shotgun? I once almost bought one from a friend, but I didn't like the way it came to my shoulder. Odd, because I've loved every other Browning design I've ever shot.

AF

Picard1138

One of the Regulars
Max, wasn't the '97 a shotgun? I once almost bought one from a friend, but I didn't like the way it came to my shoulder. Odd, because I've loved every other Browning design I've ever shot.

AF

AF,

I had a mental lapse on two counts. Yes, the '97 is the pump action, smokeless shotgun like you said. I have one that I have found to be pretty comfortable to shoot, however the barrel was cut down by a police department and is no longer a field gun unfortunately.

In any case I meant to say the 1894, in .30-30 which is the same as this pictured rifle, which he mentioned is chambered for .30 WCF. I was thinking about the Winchester 1892, which is chambered for pistol rounds. I would love to get my hands on one of those in 44-40, or a repro in .45 LC.

-Max

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Sadly, I think we are headed that way. Give it another 25 years or so. :laser: Anti-firearm
Hope not.

Harve, that's why we vote the right people in and present our case in an educated way to prevent that from happening.
Here they even restrict airsoft guns. Airsoft enthusiasts are trying to change it but it's very very difficult to change some people minds.

Renault

One Too Many

AF

Yup! The 97 is the only gun that completely "guts" itself every time you work the action. Complete disassembly and reassembly is not for the faint of heart. I prefer my old model 12's. Whi h reminds me I think it was deacon that requested I post a pic of them (about 3 months ago). I'll try to fish em all out of the gun safe! :)

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
AF,

I had a mental lapse on two counts. Yes, the '97 is the pump action, smokeless shotgun like you said. I have one that I have found to be pretty comfortable to shoot, however the barrel was cut down by a police department and is no longer a field gun unfortunately.

In any case I meant to say the 1894, in .30-30 which is the same as this pictured rifle, which he mentioned is chambered for .30 WCF. I was thinking about the Winchester 1892, which is chambered for pistol rounds. I would love to get my hands on one of those in 44-40, or a repro in .45 LC.

-Max

Was the original 1892, ever chambered in .45LC? I thought, 44-40 was the biggest cartridge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner