Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

jkingrph

Practically Family
So true. And today, with drones doing yeoman's work over the battlefield the videogame has itself become a weapons system. Strange doings, really.[/QUOTE

I was not even thinking about drones and how rapidly they have evolved. Back in the late 60's when I first went in we had Ryan Firebee drones for pilots to live fire on. Command wanted enough missile offset to ensure a miss, but know it was a good shot, simply to save dollars as they were rather expensive. When they either ran out of fuel or the mission was completed, a built in parachute brought it down to earth. I remember seeing videos of old fighter aircraft fitted with servos for control surfaces ect, and used as target drones. I also saw a video of a surplus WWII PT boat so fitted and used as a target for a F4 carrying lazer guided bombs. The boat I was told was doing 45-50 knots and the dummy bomb punched the engines out of the the boat. This was late 1974, they also showed us a video of a Televison guided bomb going into a north Vietnamese bunker with soldiers present and exploding.

Renault

One Too Many
Nah, it's that "What gun do you have in parts in the bag this time?" look!

^^^This too! LOL^^^

Generally always a CAS guy with a new to him, wore clean out, Model 97 Winchester shotgun. The appearance of screwdriver slots screams to them, "Take me apart!!! Random me to my smallest parts!!!"

So the grab 4 or 5 zip lock bags and end up loosing 7 or 8 pieces before they can get it to the shop! :D!

Oldsarge

One Too Many
^^^This too! LOL^^^

Generally always a CAS guy with a new to him, wore clean out, Model 97 Winchester shotgun. The appearance of screwdriver slots screams to them, "Take me apart!!! Random me to my smallest parts!!!"

So the grab 4 or 5 zip lock bags and end up loosing 7 or 8 pieces before they can get it to the shop! :D!

ROFLMAO! At least when I acquired my grandfather's 97 I had the sense to put it in the back of the safe until I could get it reblued and tightened up. Now all it needs is a new stock. Maybe after I move to Portland . . .

Renault

One Too Many
Wished I had a nickel for every old Colt model P or 1873 Winchester Ive seen come thru that someone stuck a pipe wrench on trying, for some reason known only to them, to unscrew the barrel from the receiver! Probably only for the reason to see if they could do it!!!

Like they said "well too cold to do any thing in the pasture this morning so I guess I'll try to unscrew the barrel on my rifle! Nuthin' else to do!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy