Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Okay, maybe slightly off-topic, but i have to recommend Clive Cussler's Isaac Bell series of novels. Set in the early 20th Century, great stories and he actually knows his vintage firearms.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Okay, maybe slightly off-topic, but i have to recommend Clive Cussler's Isaac Bell series of novels. Set in the early 20th Century, great stories and he actually knows his vintage firearms.

Oh yes, I agree. I have read them all and found them highly entertaining. I beleive that they fall in the Steam Punk Genre.

Renault

One Too Many
I was given a great suggestion some time ago, to take digital pictures as I take something down, it does help.

Dang good suggestion and I had been know to do it. But like anything else there is the unexpected. And things you just don't acquire without the help of an experienced teacher or plain experience on your part. Stuff like the use of slave pins to hold stuff together to get them back together. Example Moddel 88 Winchester takes at least 3! Afore mentioned 97 Winchester takes one to get trigger assembly and trigger back in receiver! And while we are on the subject of 97's. Their receiver bottoms where the trigger guard slips in are razor sharp!!!!!! And you will slice and dice your digits if not careful!

Thundercolt

One of the Regulars
Horse Pistol and Bowie Knife

45%20Colt%20Dragoon_zpsfgli8g8n.jpg

Second Generation Colt; 3rd Model Dragoon "Cap & Ball" revolver converted to 45 Colt cartridge.
Period correct "Slim Jim" holster; a copy of the one pictured on Page 86 in the book "Packing Iron".
"Hell Fire"; a custom made Damascus "Bowie Style" knife I designed with Amboyna Burl scales.

Kirk H.

One Too Many

Second Generation Colt; 3rd Model Dragoon "Cap & Ball" revolver converted to 45 Colt cartridge.
Period correct "Slim Jim" holster; a copy of the one pictured on Page 86 in the book "Packing Iron".
"Hell Fire"; a custom made Damascus "Bowie Style" knife I designed with Amboyna Burl scales.

Wow!!! all three items are beautiful!

Beautiful! How does the Colt handle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21