Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Hi, I believe that White Oak Armament will make one of those in most colors. I was at the Tulsa Wannemacher show a few years back and they said that built a complete Purple AR-15, all of the metal AND all of the plastic were dark purple. I guess the guy wanted to be able to find it at Camp Perry, and who'd steal it?

Later
Don't know who would steal it, but my wife would sure like it!

Fibber Mcgee

New in Town
This is the majority of mine.

Attachments

• 2948.jpg
    2948.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 168

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Well the Henry slide action arrived today. Unfortunately, the mounts I bought don't fit so I had to order another set. But once I get the whole thing together and some ammunition to take to the range i'll see just how my proposed 'coon-callin' gun works. Not really vintage but definitely in the spirit. My daddy had an old Stevens hammered pump .22 that I tried to take apart and put back together again. i failed. This time I'll just not disassemble it from the get-go.

MikePotts

Practically Family
"I have one of those, 20 ga also, that I picked up at the Izmir, Turkey NATO rod and gun club back in 1973. Mine is still all original, no recoil pad. It is one of the best handling shotguns I have."

This one's a 'skeet' did they have a factory pad? - I dunno.

MikePotts

Practically Family
Thank-you Sir, I forgot to take a pic. from the stern but they are quite the hand filler!

(and if that isn't a candidate for the 'taken out of context thread' I don't know what is!)

Landman

One Too Many
Beautiful grips Mike.

Here are a couple of my Smith & Wessons with polished stag grips. A Model 65 in 357 Magnum and a Model 60 in 38 Special. You can't tell from the picture but these grips are slightly oversized and feel great in your hand. They are handmade by a gentleman in Colorado. I have bought quite a few sets of grips from him over the years and every set is amazing.

Stainless_Smiths_01_zpspcffapve.jpg

TPD166

One Too Many
Beautiful grips Mike.

Here are a couple of my Smith & Wessons with polished stag grips. A Model 65 in 357 Magnum and a Model 60 in 38 Special. You can't tell from the picture but these grips are slightly oversized and feel great in your hand. They are handmade by a gentleman in Colorado. I have bought quite a few sets of grips from him over the years and every set is amazing.

Stainless_Smiths_01_zpspcffapve.jpg

Beautiful Mike - a man after my own heart (but my grips aren't nearly that nice)!

plain old dave

A-List Customer
The good old .30-30 and .30 Remington (like my Model 14 and the Model 8 upthread) are signal proof of the old proverb that better is the enemy of good enough. Here in East Tennessee, a long shot is 50 yards. So a decent sized exit hole and modest recoil are much more important than sectional density or anything of that sort. The .30-30 class of cartridges are fine killers of deer-sized game. Of all the many vintage hunting rifles in his safe (including Winchester 95s, 92s, 1907s, 1910s and one each Models 86 and 71) a dear friend's first choice is his Model 94. He's been hunting since the 80s with the gun and I want to say he's killed over 30 deer with it.

I'm less than enthralled with cartridges in the 30/30 and .30 Rem class despite the millions of deer they've taken. Still, I have to admit that the .35 would qualify very nicely as a Pacific Northwest woods gun. Within reasonable range it has plenty of knock-down and frontal area for elk and black bear and more than enough for blacktail deer. And despite the excessive enthusiasm for 'beanfield' cartridges these days the vast majority of big game in North America (and Africa I might add) is still taken at under 150 yards, probably under 110. Frontal area and long-for-caliber bullets still rule just as they did in the days of black powder cartridges. Hunting to me still means stalking or learning enough woodcraft that you can be where the game will be before it gets there.

Of course if everyone agreed with me all the major firearms manufacturers would have long gone out of business. A well cared for gun lasts for generations and there would be little market for the new ones. The biggest enemy of the firearms business isn't anti-gunners, it's the used gun market!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ