Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

MikePotts

Practically Family
TPD166 said: "The Model 60 was the first gun I bought when I became a Deputy Sheriff in 1981 & I carried it daily as a back-up or off-duty gun for almost 25 years. One of my all-time favorites. "

Remember some of gun publications saying that guns could never be made of stainless steel - too brittle! - blow up in your face!....guess they were wrong!

jkingrph

Practically Family
"I have one of those, 20 ga also, that I picked up at the Izmir, Turkey NATO rod and gun club back in 1973. Mine is still all original, no recoil pad. It is one of the best handling shotguns I have."

This one's a 'skeet' did they have a factory pad? - I dunno.

Mine is IC/M. I did learn to shoot skeet with it. Over there we could buy skeet ammo, pay for a round of skeet, sell the empties to some of the Turkish employees( who resold them on the economy) and wind up shooting a round for the grand sum of $1.00-1.50 depending on the gauge you used. Rather reasonable even for the early 1970's.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Not mine personally, but a friend of mine showed me his m1896 Swedish Mauser today. It was made in 1922, and it was a beauty! He wanted to sell me his whole set, which also included a Lee–Enfield, and the gun cabinet for $1000, but I frankly just don't have anywhere to put it.

Still.

It's tempting...

TPD166

One Too Many
Count me in in that crowd of T grip users. They just feel good in the hand and make the revolver to point great. I think one of Melvin ' s grandsons is running the business now.

I've spoken with him & he's a former employee of Melvin's. My last order got lost but it eventually worked out - just took a lonnng time. I think he's a one-man show right now.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Found a nice deal on a fine holster today, an El Paso Saddlery job to go with my Sig 239. Sadly this will be the last pic of these grips as it usually wears Crimson Trace ones so these are going to auction.

jkingrph

Practically Family
Not mine personally, but a friend of mine showed me his m1896 Swedish Mauser today. It was made in 1922, and it was a beauty! He wanted to sell me his whole set, which also included a Lee–Enfield, and the gun cabinet for $1000, but I frankly just don't have anywhere to put it.

Still.
I don't know what all was involved in the package set, but the 96 Swede is one of the sweetest rifles made. I have several, the oldest being a first production year model, 1898, and my favorite which is actually a arsenal cut down model to their short rifle or as we call it the Model 38. This one came from a special run made for the Swedes by Mauser in Germany and has a two digit serial number with all numbered parts matching, including the wood... It dates from 1900.......

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Picked this up yesterday at a yard sale. Unfortunately, there is some bad things going on in the breach. I tried a friend of mines, Pedersoli 12 gauge barrels, a perfect fit other then the wedge lug, easy enough to move. But again, unfortunately, the price of a set of bare barrels, is just a little less then an entire shotgun! Oh well, maybe a wall hanger with a powder horn for now.
IMG_4979_zpsdx2tvgyk.jpg
IMG_4980_zps4o5rudcn.jpg
IMG_4982_zpsmvjek2fo.jpg
IMG_4983_zpsadcjqspv.jpg

Bolero

A-List Customer
10-22 camo 002.jpg P3031961.jpg

Couple of 10-22's I put together last Winter for BR shooting at 50 & 100yds
18" Bull barrels,Shilen and Green Mountain, Custom BR stocks, Tasco 36X scopes
Both are good shooters....300's Center to center at 50-yds and .900 C/C at 100yds, Match ammo in both cases.
I have an older Anschutz 1411-Model 54 for serious BR...

WH1

Practically Family
Ok I realize it ain't a "real" one, but it was just too darn purty to pass up! One of the Winchester 100th annIversary of the 30/06 ctg saddle ring carbines!

Me wants bad. Beautiful weapon. One of my favorite pictures of Texas Rangers has one of them holding a rifle just like this.

I recently purchased a Colt 1878 Double Action Revolver .45 Long Colt. It is one of the 1902 Philippine Constabulary revolvers. Sometime called an Alaskan they were actually made for the Philippine Constabulary for use in the Moro Wars. They made 4,600 and the serial number and markings are correct. It is all original, fully functional and 30% finish. Purchased it at an estate auction. Always wanted an 1878 to get one of the Constabulary revolvers is special. I will upload photos this weekend.

Renault

One Too Many
Me wants bad. Beautiful weapon. One of my favorite pictures of Texas Rangers has one of them holding a rifle just like this.

I recently purchased a Colt 1878 Double Action Revolver .45 Long Colt. It is one of the 1902 Philippine Constabulary revolvers. Sometime called an Alaskan they were actually made for the Philippine Constabulary for use in the Moro Wars. They made 4,600 and the serial number and markings are correct. It is all original, fully functional and 30% finish. Purchased it at an estate auction. Always wanted an 1878 to get one of the Constabulary revolvers is special. I will upload photos this weekend.

Heres a few Rangers with a few 95 Carbines! ( and one 1899 Savage. Ranger sitting on ground).

Kudos on the 1878. Had a rough one come thru the shop before I left. Cylinder pin was jacked up! Post a pic!!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112