Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

freakazoid

Familiar Face
Finally got the grips off. One spring to control the hammer and trigger.
1121151824_zpssyyicxrl.jpg

Found something interesting. I noticed what I had thought were scratches on the loading gate thing when I was first looking at it. I believe they might actually have been put there on purpose. Looks like a "VI". Also got a better picture of the proof marks.
1121151825_zps6ye5g68r.jpg

1121151905_zps1wi5rfya.jpg

1121151905a_zps72v7bo4v.jpg

Same markings on the grip under the tang.
1121151827_zps6mobczoi.jpg

Also saw this on the other side. If you get the light just right it kind of looks like they might of been letters but it is really hard to tell.
1121151827a_zpsyp19w7nj.jpg

1121151828_zpspwqn55kc.jpg

This VI is under the top tang.
1121151826_zpsp4qpfnnl.jpg

Here it is again. You are looking at the top of the trigger.
1121151826_zpsp4qpfnnl.jpg

And one last time on the extractor piece.
1121151856_zps9n8fynnz.jpg

Here is the other proof mark set that I mentioned is on the side.
1121151910_HDR_zpsipowms9u.jpg

There is also this interesting line. Don't know why they would of done that.
1121151826a_zpsewfkqhqp.jpg

There is one more marking I found on the extractor. Looks like a vertical line and to the right of it it kind of looks like a "t" or a cross, or maybe one of those wierd looking "f" symbols, doesn't show up in the picture but it kind of looks like there might be a small line attached to the top sticking going left.

You can see here that it has been dry fired with the loading gate open. With the hammer back the knurled piece on the hammer just sticks up blocking the sights. You can see a side view in my original pictures. :facepalm: :'( I wonder if this can be fixed. The frame is actually kind of grooved in where the hammer rests and you can see how the metal has actually been raised up ever so slightly. With the gate down it doesn't come into contact there.
1121151900_zpsrsxh8fck.jpg

I didn't remove the screw holding in the hammer to get a better look in there because that spring is really stiff and I'm not sure if I can force it down enough to the hammer back on. I'll have to rig up something to try it later.

Blackjack

One Too Many
Heres a new one I picked up just because it was different. -Manufacture d"Armes Des Pyrenees Fses-Hendaye, France . On the other side it says "Unique" Mod/D.2 Cal 22LR Wards. What I found is Wards and Sears both carried these up till the early 50's I believe. It's really a very cool little auto, although I've yet to take it out and shoot it...
20151122_184708_resized.jpg

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Heres a new one I picked up just because it was different. -Manufacture d"Armes Des Pyrenees Fses-Hendaye, France . On the other side it says "Unique" Mod/D.2 Cal 22LR Wards. What I found is Wards and Sears both carried these up till the early 50's I believe. It's really a very cool little auto, although I've yet to take it out and shoot it...
View attachment 39123
That really is a neat pistol! Very elegant

Oldsarge

One Too Many
The tag said it is a .22 Short, and that's all I know about it. There is no name or serial number on it, only three little stamps on the part that swings out to hold in the round and the same stamps on the right side. Once I saw this I knew I had to have it. Only payed $250 for it. The engravings are really cool and the barrel is pretty thick. Bore has seen better days and I can just make out the hair lines of what looks like use to be rifling. The hammer and trigger spring is pretty strong.
Currently stationed in California. Apparently since it is considered an antique I don't have to wait the mandatory 10 days and it doesn't count as my one pistol every 30 days. The fools! Now I can go use it to hold up the bank down the street! >:D
Any ideas on what this could be?

DSC00320_zpsla1xktak.jpg

DSC00322_zpsckkaj3qn.jpg

DSC00324_zpszl1bppzs.jpg

DSC00326_zpsaluettrq.jpg

DSC00332_zps26pd92cj.jpg
I haven't a clue but really, it fairly screams "Steampunk" doesn't it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ