Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

mr_lits

A-List Customer
Here is my Colt 1911 Marina Argentina, made by colt in 1914 for the Argentinian Navy. It has seen a refinish at some point in its life so I am not afraid to carry it or shoot it. It is an excellent operator, won't be winning any target comps with it but it is reliable and accurate. One of my favs in the collection.

IMG_4021.jpg
IMG_4024.jpg

Renault

One Too Many
And,,,,, it's a 1911! Not an A1 or anything else. Flat mainspring housing, thin sights, beaver tail hammer, the works!!!!! Just the way they were suppose to be!!! ;) That pistol is skookum!!!

Renault

One Too Many
Im with you! Several years ago I ordered a Cimarron Arms "1911". What I got was a 1911A1 with flat mainspg housing and 1911 frame.
So one day at the shop I rounded up all the parts I needed to do a conversion. 1911 safety, beaver tail hammer, short grip safety and installed them. The frame, mainspg housing, grips, and trigger were legit 1911 style. Only thing that really is t 1911 are the thick A1 sights. Buy I can prolly live with them! :)

mr_lits

A-List Customer
Ahhhh.. which grip to equip.. fun game. I find I always seem to come back to checkered walnut, classic. Nice piece, has a good old school 1911 look. Many of the modern tacticool 1911's just don't quite do it for me. Though I would like to do a Wilson build in 9mm at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner