Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Kirk H.

One Too Many
51I7Fru29yL._SX392_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I picked this book up about a year ago, a lot of good information on the K frame and it does have a section that talks about the grip adapter that Robert posted.

TPD166

One Too Many
I've not seen one in person either - the photos on the forum I linked to show the grip-shaped pieces attaching under both grip panels, and then the adapter piece mounting to them. Tyler made it much simpler and I'll just stick with installing a smaller adapter!

I have seen pictures of those but have not actually ever seen one in person. The ones that I have seen photos of had the part attached to a piece of metal that was the same shape and size of the grip panel. It would be installed by removing the grip, placing it on the frame, putting the grip panel back on over it, and tightening the grip screw.

basbol13

A-List Customer
I've had this TriStar Viper 28 ga. for a few months now and it's about time to try it out on the next squirrel I see in the pecan trees out back.
View attachment 65522

View attachment 65523
REAL NICE!!!! If you have trouble finding squirrels in your area, or if they are on the endangered species list, you can always send it to me and I will "try it out" for you.

plain old dave

A-List Customer
Interesting old revolver dave. It's a model 10 for sure but is it marked as such anywhere?
It's not a "model 10." Smith and Wesson didn't have ANY numbered models until 1957. It's formally a .38 Special Model 1899 Military and Police Hand Ejector. Some call them the First Model, others the 1899.

This: 1899 or First Model.

This with the underbarrel lug: 1902.

Add a Square Butt: 1905.

Post-WW2: Military and Police.

After the introduction of the short action in @1948-50: pre-10.

1957+: Model 10.

In prewar Smiths, the number in the crane opening is an assembly number used to keep parts together during finishing. It should never be confused with a serial number. There are no model numbers on early Smiths as the factory didn't use model numbers on solid frame revolvers til 1957.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Howdy Gents, and Ladies if any are present. I had a pair of Ruger revolvers customized to my specs by Alan Harton of Houston, Texas. The 45 Colt Montado was done up for me, and it's smaller twin, a 32 H&R mag Single Six "Vaquerito" was made with my daughter in mind. The 32 was featured in Max Prasac's Gun Digest Book of Ruger Revolvers: The Definitive History.

Birdshead gripframes, 3-3/4" barrels, crescent ejector rod buttons, short basepins, free-spin pawl, black powder chamfer on the front edge of the cylinders, S&W J-frame adjustable rear sights added, custom front sight base and patridge style sight, a Bisley style hammer for the single six, and an excellent action/trigger job. I love the action on these, and the balance is wonderful, especially on the Montado.

i-g5mmmCT-L.jpg

The 45 may be featured in John Taffin's upcoming offering, The Book Of The 45.

i-3dB2nP8-L.jpg

i-NzH9J7h-L.jpg

My stock Lipseys Distributor offering of the Ruger 44 Special Bisley Flattop is also featured in Max's book. He signed 2 books for me, one of which I gave to my daughter at Christmas along with the 32 mag Single Six.

i-wvtNzp2-L.jpg

MikePotts

Practically Family
Last edited:

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
'Aged' fake ivory, I got them on Ebay (forget the seller) . They actually don't fit real well - but the factory laminated grips weren't a perfect fit either

edit: may have been these folks:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RUGER-BISLE...665300?hash=item3d3014a894:g:4kIAAOSweuxWSp1E
Thank you. I know it's been hit or miss with the grip fit on Ruger revolvers for awhile. I bought a Super Blackhawk in 480 Ruger and mine were better than most but not great. I got lucky on a Christmas drawing where one guy donated some nice walnut and Zane from Lonestar Custom Grips fit them to my actual Bisley gripframe.

I like some of the imitation ivory grips and thought yours do a nice job of mimicking aged ivory. I've seen some white linen Micarta that's real nice, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points