Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Yahoody

One Too Many
So have you accomplished your goal? :)

I do have a Browning Model 86 carbine, and real Winchester models 94 and 95. So I do have three JMB designs. My favorites are the early models though as well. The Henry is just such a cool rifle. Love the brass and the long octagonal barrel. It is a heavy sucker though. That 24 inch barrel is stout. :)

Funny as the last rifle in the collection I acquired was the first one I shot as a kid, a '94. Recently found an early 16" gun at a reasonable price after looking for years. Henry is an amazing rifle for its day. Mine is chambered in a short .45 to mimic the original .44 rim fire. A "Yankee rifle you load on Sunday and shoot all week". Can't imagine actually shooting a high volume of fire from one without a glove on the support hand. BP likely got the rifle really hot! Like Scott's, mine are a collection of Brownings, Ubertis and Winchesters.

d75d8e0f92741cfedb61bb728f3d3dfc.jpg

Nice pairing for 1906.
DSC08902.JPG

Last edited:

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Funny as the last rifle in the collection I acquired was the first one I shot as a kid, a '94. Recently found an early 16" gun at a reasonable price after looking for years. Henry is an amazing rifle for its day. Mine is chambered in a short .45 to mimic the original .44 rim fire. A "Yankee rifle you load on Sunday and shoot all week". Can't imagine actually shooting a high volume of fire from one without a glove on the support hand. BP likely got the rifle really hot! Like Scott's, mine are a collection of Brownings, Ubertis and Winchesters.

d75d8e0f92741cfedb61bb728f3d3dfc.jpg

Nice pairing for 1906.
DSC08902.JPG
Beautiful.
Yea a glove is a good thing to have when shooting the Henry.
I still need a '76 Winchester (preferably a Uberti) and a '92 to finish out my string of Winchesters. Like you I always wanted the run of Winchesters. I would like to add a Chiappa Spencer to that collection someday as well.
The SAA is a US Fire Arms? I have heard they are as well made as a Colt. I respect your opinion, do you think they are? Price wise they are about the same as a Colt. I suppose since they aren't being made anymore has driven up the price.

Last edited:

Yahoody

One Too Many
Beautiful.
Yea a glove is a good thing to have when shooting the Henry.
I still need a '76 Winchester (preferably a Uberti) and a '92 to finish out my string of Winchesters. Like you I always wanted the run of Winchesters. I would like to add a Chiappa Spencer to that collection someday as well.
The SAA is a US Fire Arms? I have heard they are as well made as a Colt. I respect your opinion, do you think they are?

Spencer would be pretty neat! My '76 is a Uberti, our '92s are all Brownings. US Firearms? Yes, my experience is the later US made USFA guns are every bit the equal and IMO much better than a 1st Gen Colt's. 150 years later the USFA guns should be. A decent 2nd Gen Colt is good as are the most recent 3rds. But over all, I'd venture to say the late USFA guns were better made and better finished than any generation Colt SAA. I've been shooting 1st Gen Colt's since I was a kid. Family guns going back 4 generations that I still own. I really like Colt SAAs and 1911s, but sadly Colt has been missing the mark for decades now.

Thought enough of the USFA guns to a few of them fancied up. These are guns I shoot, a lot. I have similar Colt's that cost more. These shoot better.

Last edited:

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Spencer would be pretty neat! My '76 is a Uberti, our '92s are all Brownings. US Firearms? Yes, my experience is the later US made USFA guns are every bit the equal and IMO much better than a 1st Gen Colt's. A decent 2nd Gen Colt is good as are the most recent 3rds. But over all, I'd venture to say the late USFA guns were better made and better finished than any generation Colt SAA. I've been shooting 1st Gen Colt's since I was a kid. Family guns going back 4 generations that I still own. I really like Colt SAAs and 1911s, but sadly Colt has been missing the mark for decades now.
Thanks. It's too bad that US aren't being made anymore. Their prices are really driving up now so I don't know if I will get one but you never know.

Yahoody

One Too Many
These days even with Colt having slow or just no SAA production there are still lots of Colt's out there for a decent price. If I wanted a "new" SAA this week I'd find a nice Colt before the prices catch up with the last of the USFA guns currently available.

I've made up my mind which is a better gun by shooting and working on both. But I sure wouldn't turn up my nose at a decent Colt from any generation. No matter what I think...Colt has some history :rolleyes:

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Spencer would be pretty neat! My '76 is a Uberti, our '92s are all Brownings. US Firearms? Yes, my experience is the later US made USFA guns are every bit the equal and IMO much better than a 1st Gen Colt's. 150 years later the USFA guns should be. A decent 2nd Gen Colt is good as are the most recent 3rds. But over all, I'd venture to say the late USFA guns were better made and better finished than any generation Colt SAA. I've been shooting 1st Gen Colt's since I was a kid. Family guns going back 4 generations that I still own. I really like Colt SAAs and 1911s, but sadly Colt has been missing the mark for decades now.

Thought enough of the USFA guns to a few of them fancied up. These are guns I shoot, a lot. I have similar Colt's that cost more. These shoot better.

Man.....I like those a lot!!!!
By the way is the hat block what you needed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner