Show us your Guns!

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Undertow, Jun 24, 2007.

1. jkingrph

jkingrph Practically Family

Yes, that was a relief as I did not want more unused holes in the receiver. Even if they were hidden I would know that they were there.

DeaconKC likes this.
  2. jkingrph

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  3. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

jk, that looks really fun, nice job!

4. jkingrph

Thanks Deacon, Getting that M1 Garand sight fitted into a base was a pain but worth it. As far as the fun part, that will probably have to wait a couple of months for weather to cool down, it's just too darned hot down here to do any shooting.

Kirk H. and DeaconKC like this.
  5. Kirk H.

Kirk H. One Too Many

Did you use the Garand style sight from Tech Sites?

6. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

Hope to get my 38 Super back in a couple of days, my gunsmith and I test fired it the other day and it shoots like a house on fire! WOW, he did a great job fitting it up. Now I just have to polish it and get it blued....

TPD166 and Kirk H. like this.
  7. RJR

RJR

Walther-PPS-40 1.JPG
    Walther PPS,40S&W,great edc piece.

8. jkingrph

It's really more an AR 15 type sight with an adjustable post, not a fixed blade, but it is the Tech Sight, but it looks the part.

Kirk H. and DeaconKC like this.
  9. Kirk H.

Kirk H. One Too Many

Yes it does. I installed one of Tech Sites on one of my Mini 14s with a short barrel years ago. Great site.

DeaconKC likes this.
  10. jkingrph

I have never tried a S/A with a Bisley grip. For some reason to me they just do not look right, but looking closer the angle seems more like a S&W double action, which is the revolver I prefer. I have two S/A guns, a Ruger Super Blackhawk, that I am not real crazy about shooting, and then a smaller 50 year anniversar single six 22, with 22LR and 22 Mag cylinder.

My latest acquisition is a S&W hand ejector 32-20 from I think 1922, got a factory letter stashed somewhere on it, that a previous owner had gotten.

MarkStar, DeaconKC and Kirk H. like this.
  11. lostinperiphery

lostinperiphery Familiar Face

Commercial 1917. Frame built for the WWI contract, but wasn’t completed until after the war ended, sometime around 1920.
    [​IMG]

I recently acquired another 1917, a US Army, which has its barrel replaced at some point, and I plan to cut to “Indy length” [emoji4]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. jkingrph

Take those swivels off and it looks just like my 32-20!

13. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

I had never held a Colt Bisley either until this one! But with my XXL paw, it feels great! The extra length lets me get all three fingers around the grip.

Kirk H. likes this.
  14. MikeKardec

MikeKardec One Too Many

Full Stock, Double Set Trigger, Mannlicher Schonauer .270, ca~1950, with 4x Kahles Scope and Griffin and Howe mount, shooting Federal blue box 130s. Needless to say I was bagged up but, for a full stock, it IS accurate!

P8090065.jpg

MS actions are smooth but not "fast" ... just as an Enfield is fast but not smooth. Short of a John Rigby this is the rifle every mid century adventurer ought to have!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  15. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

I have always loved the looks of the Mannlicher style stocks. Just elegant and the butter knife bolt handles!
    Well, finally got my Super .38 from the 'smith today! Now for the polishing and then lettering the slide so it can get properly blued! Oh, I have to modify the sight to look like one from the 30s, but that is not going to be a huge problem, just some grinder and file work. Now, do I want to add some buffalo nickels to these grips or put some stag grips on it?[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Wyldkarma

Wyldkarma One Too Many

Texas State Trooper Edition AR, and my 45 XD

20180717_094650.jpg 20180814_065152-756x1008.jpg 20180814_065349-1008x756.jpg

17. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

Well, I got everything back from engraving the slide, and the little beastie looks like a slightly worn gun from the 30s. I did the cold blue looking for flaws, so I am still deciding on whether to strip it and have it professionally hot-blued. Sig barrel, Caspian frame, Rock Island slide, Wilson, Colt and Wolff internals. Ti=his thing is super tight and has a gorgeous trigger, shoots like a house on fire!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. jkingrph

I think I would leave that one as is. It's showing it's age gracefully.

DeaconKC likes this.
  19. lostinperiphery

lostinperiphery Familiar Face

I’m digging the “worn” look too. Just a question if the cold blue holds up to your expectations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeaconKC likes this.
  20. Kirk H.

Kirk H. One Too Many

I too like the worn look. Steel Canvas