Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

DeaconKC

One Too Many
This one has been bugging me for months. Been on the shelf of the LGS I part-time at, needing a good home. So I brought it home today. Ruger Old Model Vaquero in .45 Colt. Very crisp trigger, can't wait to get it to the range.
IOLNL0t.jpg

Woodtroll

One Too Many
This one has been bugging me for months. Been on the shelf of the LGS I part-time at, needing a good home. So I brought it home today. Ruger Old Model Vaquero in .45 Colt. Very crisp trigger, can't wait to get it to the range.
IOLNL0t.jpg

Very nice! I have a older Bisley Vaquero and a couple of Bisley Blackhawks in stainless, all in .45 LC. They are indestructible field guns, especially the Vaquero with its fixed sights.

Renault

One Too Many
Thanks fellas

The rifle is a .50 calibre English influenced, Virginia style rifle by GL Jones. Taken several deer and hogs. The pouch and southern banded horn were a little gift to myself made by Neal Brown, a maker from Mississippi.
I also have a pretty nice .62 calibre smooth rifle by Mr. Jones too! I’ll try to get a pic up.

Last edited:

jkingrph

Practically Family
Well, another mud puppy followed me home. A Swedish M38 Mauser with a horribly butchered stock. The receiver was drilled for a side mount scope that is long gone, but it does have a Redfield peep sight. I needed another project gun like a hole in the head....
Love those Swedes. My only M38 is a 1900 year model by Mauser Obendorf, with a 2 digit serial number. Research and info for the Swedish Mauser forum shows it was one of a special run of 5000 rifles that year. My stock has some light tiger stripe and shows lots of dings for 118 years of handling . It is obviously a cut down from a standard M96, but well done as one of the official arsenal conversions, the stock is still original to the gun, along with all other serial numbered parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana