Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

MarkStar

New in Town
JM stamped Marlin 336W (30-30)...
LQ6M7vf.jpg

MarkStar

New in Town
The Marlin levers are great guns! I have several, ranging from .218 Bee to .45-70. I have quite a few other types and manufacturers of rifles, but if I had to thin the herd I can do anything I have to do with my Marlin levers.
I sold my SKS to buy this 336 and traded my AR for my JM stamped 1895 Guide Gun...
I guess we feel the same way about Marlin Leverguns!

jkingrph

Practically Family
The Marlin levers are great guns! I have several, ranging from .218 Bee to .45-70. I have quite a few other types and manufacturers of rifles, but if I had to thin the herd I can do anything I have to do with my Marlin levers.

I love my Marlin's, probably because I learned to shoot a M39a. I have more of them than any other make, 3 M39 variants, a 39a, 39aMountie, both from the early 1950's, and a 1897 Cowboy. Two 1894's a 44 Mag Cowboy and a 1894cl in 32-20, probably one of my favorites. In the 336 series I have dad's old 336sc in 35 Remington, an older model from 1952, stock is very plain, looks like quarter sawed wood, and a 336 cowboy in 38-55. I have 3 of the 1895 models in 45-70, one a standard rifle, a ported guide gun with knock out wood, and a 1895 cowboy, 26" octagon barrel. Last is one I cannot remember the model number, but basically a 336/1895 receiver but a smoothbore .410 shotgun, fun to show up on a skeet range and start shooting it.

Lost Ronin

One of the Regulars
Ronin, I hate you. That is beautiful! I stick with stick mags on my semiauto, hated the 100 round drum.

The drums don't always work so well unless you maintain them and keep them greased. They work better for the machine guns than the semi auto guns.

The 100 round drums were made for the 1921 Colt made Thompson guns. They have a lighter bolt and a much higher cyclic rate than the 1928 guns. I've got some 50 round drums myself.

It's probably the coolest gun ever designed for so many reasons. You can write your name with it once you're practiced enough

Sadly I've only put about 1200 rounds though it in all the time I've owned it. No free time and not near enough money. 45acp ammo is expensive and I never did get around to reloading.

One day I'll do a photoshoot with it. Break out my fedora and all.

green papaya

One Too Many
what brand of .45 ammo do you use? does it work with standard Winchester White box sold at WALMART? the lowest retail store prices for .45 in my area is around $12.99 - $14.99 for a 50 rd box for brands like Blazer , S&B, MAGTECH 230gr ball

Ive always been a fan of the classic "Thompson sub MG" from watching lots of old WW2 war movies and gangster movies.

Last edited:

Lost Ronin

One of the Regulars
what brand of .45 ammo do you use? does it work with standard Winchester White box sold at WALMART? the lowest retail store prices for .45 in my area is around $12.99 - $14.99 for a 50 rd box for brands like Blazer , S&B, MAGTECH 230gr ball

Ive always been a fan of the classic "Thompson sub MG" from watching lots of old WW2 war movies and gangster movies.

It runs on Winchester WB. S&B ammo runs great in it too. I've never had reliability issues with it. I just can't afford to feed it at much as I'd like. LOL

Yes! I need a Dillion progressive press. One day I'll get one. They're really the best ones around for mass ammo productio.

So many awesome things, so little disposable income at the moment.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Well, I got everything back from engraving the slide, and the little beastie looks like a slightly worn gun from the 30s. I did the cold blue looking for flaws, so I am still deciding on whether to strip it and have it professionally hot-blued. Sig barrel, Caspian frame, Rock Island slide, Wilson, Colt and Wolff internals. Ti=his thing is super tight and has a gorgeous trigger, shoots like a house on fire!
f10kBnx.jpg

ETuTsMb.jpg
Wow, I really like that gun Deacon. I'm a big fan of 1911's so that is right up my alley. Very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112