Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

RJR

Sig P226 22LR.JPG Sig P226-2.jpg
I had a chance to give a couple of Sig P226s some range time.9mm and 22lr.

The Sig P226 9mm I once had was a sweet shooter for me and fit my hand with long fingers very nicely. I say had because it was stolen along with other handguns in a home robbery a few years ago when my safe key wasn't hidden as well as it is now. They caught them and all the guns were returned except for the Sig. Someone wanted that one badly and it was never found.
HD

Last edited:

DeaconKC

One Too Many
I am a snob when it comes to Sigs, I love 'em. I kept telling a buddy of mine how nice they are compared to his beloved Glocks. A few weeks ago, he shows up and tells me that it is all my fault. He is now carrying a 226 as his everyday gun!

Yesteryear

One of the Regulars
I got my first black powder revolver this week, a Pietta replica of the Colt 1851 Navy. It sure is pretty, I love the open top Colts! I'm looking forward to making big smoke puffs at the range later this week!
I've also been rolling some paper cartridges for it so I can spend less time reloading, and more time shooting, at the range. 36 cal Hornady ball over 20 grains of 3F GOEX black powder.
1851 Navy 1.jpg
1851 Navy 2.jpg
1851 Navy 3.jpg

Woodtroll

One Too Many
I got my first black powder revolver this week, a Pietta replica of the Colt 1851 Navy. It sure is pretty, I love the open top Colts! I'm looking forward to making big smoke puffs at the range later this week!
I've also been rolling some paper cartridges for it so I can spend less time reloading, and more time shooting, at the range. 36 cal Hornady ball over 20 grains of 3F GOEX black powder. View attachment 152110 View attachment 152111 View attachment 152112

I like the 1851s, too - they are a lot of fun to shoot. Grease the cylinder pin, used greased wads under the balls or smear grease over top after loaded, and shoot away! I'm glad I didn't have to fight a war with black powder guns, but I sure enjoy shooting them.

jkingrph

Practically Family
I got a neat little 36 cal flintlock in southern mountain style a few years ago. I had my son out shooting it one day and he commented," and they fought wars with these things" We were using either Hornandy or Speer 000 buckshot for 36 cal balls, a rather tight fit but worked well. The small caliber does not reload as easily as the larger calibers. I made a little reloading board so I can have some patched balls ready, and have a powder measure tube set for a consistent, specific load. A flinter is fun and makes you learn to follow through with a shot.

Kenneth Lawson

New in Town
Question for those who carry every day.
Are there particular challenges to carrying while wearing vintage or not "new" styled clothes.
One would imagine that he dame basic rules apply it has to be comfortable, and have easy access, and be secure.
But depending on the cut and size of the cloths, particularly a suit coat, and vest, concealing a pistol could be a challenge.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
An advantage with vintage style is the looser fit of the clothes, pleats and especially suspenders. The same rules apply to carrying "No gun too small to carry, or too big to shoot." S&W Shield, Sig 290 or 365, Keltec PF9, all flat and light enough for pocket carry or with a tuck in IWB holster.

jkingrph

Practically Family
I have an early '80's K-22. It's a nice little pistol but it doesn't like cheap ammo. It will split thin cases making them very difficult to eject.
I have one that I picked up used in 1970 and it looked like new so maybe very late 60's model. I have never had any problem with any ammo in mine. A couple of years prior to that I had bought a new K 38 as a college graduation present for myself.

I always wanted a K 32 but never could find one, and probably would not want to pay the price. Last spring I found a nice 1922 vintage Hand Ejector in 32-20 which is about as close as I could come, and it does match the caliber for my little Marlin CL lever gun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ