Show us your Guns!

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Undertow, Jun 24, 2007.

1. jkingrph

jkingrph Practically Family

I have had one of those for close to 20 years now. With the blowback action I find the recoil very snappy, in fact more so than a couple of micro 9mm Sig's, a P 938 and P365. Along with the Walther PPK I have it's baby brother, a little TPH in 22lr.

MisterCairo likes this.
  2. 1955mercury

1955mercury One of the Regulars

I ordered this Henry and got it this week. It's in 38-55 caliber.

Henry1-15June2020.JPG

Henry2-15June2020.JPG Henry2-15June2020.JPG

Henry3-15June2020.JPG

3. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

'Merc, that is just lovely! I especially like the checkering on the wrist.

4. Levallois

Levallois Practically Family

5. Yesteryear

Yesteryear One of the Regulars

Merc' beautiful Henry! You'll love it, Henry makes excellent rifles!

Just yesterday I received a new 'Fancy' stock set upgrade for my Henry 30-30 Brass Wildlife Edition, it turned an already gorgeous rifle into a true heirloom piece. Yes, it shoots as good as it looks!

Henry 30-30 fancy stock pic1.jpg
    Henry 30-30 fancy stock pic 2.jpg
    Henry 30-30 fancy stock pic 3.jpg

Killick, Steve27752, El Marro and 5 others like this.
  6. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

Wow, Yesteryear that wood is gorgeous! We need a Drool button!

Kirk H. and Yesteryear like this.
  7. Yahoody

Yahoody Practically Family

40 years on it is getting to the retro stage.

Factory Colt barrel that was welded up in the lugs, stainless match bushing. Colt Commander hammer, original style Heinie sights, A. D. Swenson marked, stainless ambi thumb safety from Fallbrook CA, Vedicki aluminum "Speed" trigger, Heinie and Hoag both used the functional mini "duck tail" grip safety in the early/mid '80s. Flat top serrated slide. Frame and mainspring are both serrated like a GC. Navidex micarta have been around since the late '80s early '90s. Looks like a new slide stop and mag release. Colt mag in the gun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

Timeless!

Yahoody likes this.
  9. Stugots

Stugots New in Town

Absolutely excellent....my favorite..but alas being Canadian, a bit too short for me, damn.

MisterCairo likes this.
  10. Stugots

Stugots New in Town

Good stuff...similar to your daughter i too am short of stature..that must be why i miss low.....i Should start aIming higher with my rifles and pistols as well.

Stu

MisterCairo likes this.
  11. KSCOM4

KSCOM4 New in Town

I came to this forum for the hats. Now I stumble across this guns thread. This place will be my downfall!

Where to start? I guess this is as good a place as any:

IMG_3114.JPG

That's a Yost "SRT" model that I bought from Ted Yost himself. It was in his personal collection and had an article written about it in an issue of Combat Handguns.

IMG_3231.JPG

This Colt Commander was built for me by my good friend Don Williams. The exhibition grade stocks are by Craig Spegel and the leather is from the Late "Uncle" Lou Alessi. I miss Uncle Lou and think of him often.

That's all for now.

Thanks for lookin'!

-Mark

Yahoody, Kennyz, DanO and 5 others like this.
  12. Kirk H.

Kirk H. One Too Many

Wow, those are beautiful. Welcome to the Lounge. I understand about the downfall, but hey, at least you are in good company.

Kirk

KSCOM4 and DeaconKC like this.
  13. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

Glad you dropped in here! Nice intro by the way!

KSCOM4 likes this.
  14. KSCOM4

KSCOM4 New in Town

Here is a nice stainless Colt that Don built for me. The slide went back to him and had French borders added after I took this picture. Chuck Rogers checkered the front strap, but everything else was Don.

IMG_2806.JPG

Yahoody, Kirk H., DeaconKC and 2 others like this.
  15. JustinW

JustinW One of the Regulars

E7E0E493-1957-4314-AB5F-103E64BCC525.jpeg 09D1E38D-D9A8-45A6-88E3-45228B6E1567.jpeg 46DF5797-A7E8-4A23-8915-1E99CE42D00D.jpeg 3819C0C1-9B40-4265-837A-B2A1A2B38450.jpeg 2919B925-664E-4576-8D25-94975AAC8191.jpeg 4300530A-0FD8-497D-ACB1-88CEE722ED6F.jpeg A5147A54-148B-45CA-8D07-F64B88D96EEF.jpeg

Attached Files:

KSCOM4, Kirk H., DeaconKC and 2 others like this.
  16. Yahoody

Yahoody Practically Family

Don, Chuck and Ted? All do nice work. Some fine guns there. And Lou? I too think of him often.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    KSCOM4 likes this.
  17. Correus

Correus New in Town

Here are my favorite vintage rifles. Most are from WWI.

In the first couple of pics are the two that go best with my '63 SIIa 88 to give it that vintage safari look - a Savage 99 and an SMLE Mk III*. The 3rd pic (sorry, not the best, lighting wasn't good), from top to bottom: French 1892 Berthier artillery musketoon, French 1886/M93 Lebel, German Gew.98, British SMLE Mk III*, US M1903 Springfield. Right under the rifles (barely noticeable) is a German Hebel Model 1894 flare gun. The 4th and 4th pics are of the German Erfurt MG08/15. When not being displayed it sits in the attic. And the last pic is of my beloved 'Belching Bertha', a Granatenwerfer 16.

20200828_142430.jpg

20200828_142530.jpg

20200828_142037.jpg

20200828_135444.jpg

20200828_142216.jpg

20200828_141940.jpg

18. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

Wow, some fine collections posted here. Correus and JustiW welcome to both of you, you certainly made a fine first impression!

Correus and JustinW like this.
  19. JustinW

JustinW One of the Regulars

Thanks! I’ll dig out some pics of firearms I don’t own anymore for fun, later.

@Correus will appreciate the Lithgow SMLE, at least.

20. MichaelRhB

MichaelRhB Familiar Face

I've sold off or traded most of my collector pieces like the P.38 AC41 and AC43 I had. They were in very nice condition, especially the AC41 with the high polish blue. It was a first variation. My 1983 non-import marked Walther TPH in 6,35mm also was sold for a lot more than I paid for it. It was NIB only proofed in Ulm.

I miss my German 1967 PPK that was also NIB and unmarked. I also had a 100 Jahr P.38, but was with alloy frame. I would love to have a post-war steel frame, but that's a little above my pay grade at the present.

Some of the firearms I currently own are third and fourth copies. The first ones were traded or sold and then replaced.

My duty weapon when I was an auxiliary with my county Sheriff's Department. Love 3rd generation S&W's, but particularly the 4006. It was initially designed for 10mm, but plans changed and they made it in .40S&W instead. Solid stainless through and through and you'll know it after carrying it for 12 hours.

Grips have been replaced with new and slide has been lightly polished to get rid of the bead blast finish on the flats.

[​IMG]

Most of my collection are German made pistols like this pair of SIG-Sauers. The P220 is a 1992 model still made and assembled and proofed in Germany. Note the spur hammer. The little brother P225 is a 2010 manufactured model and is the last of its kind being 46 numbers from the end of production.

This P225 is marked 'German Police Pistol' which it was not. Those were the P6 model with different hammer and roll marked P6. The roll mark was just to acknowledge its roll as a Polizei Pistole with the German police.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Walther P5 is also near the end of production ans is simply roll marked 'P5' instead of the two line roll mark normally found on the P5. This was also in service and competed with the P6 for selection as the new German police pistol after the '72 Olympic shootings in München. The HK P7 was also a competitor and all three pistols served with the German police and die Staats could select whichever pistol they wanted.

This is a very rare variation and seldom comes up for sale anywhere. Grips are factory Walther. Another rare option.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here, pictured with a very early Interarms PPK in 9mmk, A008xxx SN. Shoots well and is as reliable as my German model was. Not all Interarms models were during later production.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very seldom seen Walther Model 7 in 6,35mm

[​IMG]

And a more common Walther Model 4 in 7,65mm. Grips are not original to this model. These grips were for a model that had a lanyard ring.

[​IMG]

Walther PPS 1st variation 2014 model in 9mm. Handles like a much larger firearm but is only slightly larger than a PPK.

[​IMG]

Post-war alloy framed P1 issued to the Bundeswehr

[​IMG]

This is one of a handful of current German Polizei issued firearms for duty. In Germany it is the HK P10, here in the States it is the HK USP9 Compact. Very accurate and reliable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another German Polizei Pistole, the Walther P99. Also James Bond's every day carry for several movies. He has since resumed carrying the PPK.

This is my third P99. I had a very early production model, bought it even before it was announced that this would be the new Bond gun. It was serial number 001237 with serial numbers sarting with 001001. So, the 237th example of this model. I've been kicking myself for selling it for over 15 years now. The second P99 was a Limited Edition MI6 model that was one of 1,000. It was discontinued shortly after coming on the market due to a copywrite or trademark claim by Eon and MGM. I paid $900 for it NIB. If you can find one now they go for around $3,000. Kicking myself for that boneheaded sale too. I got more than I paid, but not $3,000.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the HK USP45 Tactical. This pistol is issued to the German Border Guard otherwise known as GSG-9 or Bundesgrenzschutz. They are one of the most elite teams in the world. IIRC, Navy Seals are also using this in tandem with the HK Mk 23. Like a Tactical on steroids.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My latest acquisition is this Rock Island armory dual stack 10mm. Unbelievable reliability for a sub-$1,000 1911 style pistol, but it's HEAVY. I don't carry it very often, and not unless I'm wearing jeans and a heavy belt. Nice crisp 5 pound trigger with no creep and nice let-off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll get to the rifles later. Time for dinner.