Show us your Guns!

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Undertow, Jun 24, 2007.

1. I am so pleased right now. Just finished up a project that has taken several years, getting a September 1917 US Army 1911 back to correct configuration. Finally found an un-molested slide, it has been arsenal parkerized, but is absolutely correct for the frame.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Oldsarge

Oldsarge One Too Many

IMG_1170.jpeg

Scored on a Wm. Reid (probably made by Wesley Richards). The wood is remarkable.

3. Oldsarge

Oldsarge One Too Many

4. jkingrph

jkingrph Practically Family

Nice, I wish I could find some of those guns in this part of the country. It's mostly much newer stuff here.

5. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

First, apologies for the absolute rubbish quality photos (ten year old digital camera, a long story). I have finally taken advantage of my permit (Canadian PAL) and have my first firearm.

Pretty basic, bought for the farm and fun, a Savage Mk II .22LR. Made in Canada, and so far a fun little critter catcher and plinker. More pics to follow when the time allows, and best of all, my younger daughter, 11, and her cousin, 12, have a new hobby apparently!

P1110831.JPG

Kirk H. and BobHufford like this.
  6. Mister Cairo, welcome to this hangout! Those little Savages have a wonderful reputation for accuracy. You will discover that .22s will love some types of ammo, and hate others. CCI usually seems to run well in anything. Shoot well!

MisterCairo likes this.
  7. Steve S.

Steve S. One of the Regulars

nice! Had a 1917 yrs ago but regretted selling it for yrs. picked up an unmolested 1916 a few yrs ago. Recently found its adversary, a 1915 model

917A810A-EB6E-4840-94AB-93D29465F712.jpeg
    46EAF0A6-4F39-4C1A-A97C-6BE185BB66C1.jpeg

8. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

We are fortunate that we live on a 100 acre farm, and in a township with no legal restrictions on shooting other than the general safe shooting rules (distance from road, know where the shot will end up, etc.). I set up some beer cans on an old shelving unit, and because it was quite windy filled the bottoms with sand and gravel.

I am in the Canadian Forces, but in one of those "once a year at the range to qual" positions, so it had been a while. Standing only about 25 yds away, I put shot after shot at those cans, and thought "well, I full and truly stink", as we saw no movement. About shot 9 I finally put a can down, then another.

Going up however we realized (my sister, one daughter and nephew watching) I had hit them for the most part, the weight simply kept them in place!

Not great, but it's a start -

Tgt 1.jpg
    Tgt 2.jpg
    Tgt 3.jpg

Kirk H. and Woodtroll like this.
  9. There is nothing more fun than a bunch of cans and a good 22! Right up there with warm cookies and cold milk.

Kirk H., Woodtroll and MisterCairo like this.
  10. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

My youngest, turns 12 in August, really enjoyed her first ever shoot. She hit three of eleven shots onto a "target", a plastic drawer set up on a shelving unit. She would have done better (her cousin hit eight of elevent), had she not thought that because she was shorter, she had to aim higher!

P1110791.JPG
    P1110796.JPG
    P1110802.JPG

Kirk H., Woodtroll and DeaconKC like this.
  11. GreatWhiteHunter

GreatWhiteHunter Familiar Face

Excellent shooting! I taught my daughter to shoot early in high school using a old single shot 22 Remington bolt action. Now in college, she has since graduated to a Henry Golden Boy. She also invited several of her friends along. I started them in shooting also. One was terrified because some idiots before me had handed her a shotgun with buckshot to shoot along with a full tilted 44 mag. I promised her she would not be sore or bruised after shooting with us at the range (outdoors). She had a great time! She was happy to stick with a 22 (rifle and handgun). We need to attract more young ladies to our sport. They will influence what their generation thinks about firearms.

12. Some of you may remember three years ago I thought I had purchased a S&W Triple Lock, then discovered it was a 2nd Model. Well, today I won an auction for a genuine Triple Lock! Will take a bit for it to arrive from Texas, but I am stoked! I have spent a good many years trying to acquire my 5 "Grail Guns" and this completes the list. oh, the list is:
    1, P-08 Luger
    2. C96 Mauser Broomhandle
    3. Colt Single Action Army
    4. Tommy Gun
    5. Triple Lock

Woodtroll and Kirk H. like this.
  13. Inkstainedwretch

Inkstainedwretch Practically Family

Send us pictures when you get it!

DeaconKC likes this.
  14. Yesteryear

Yesteryear One of the Regulars

My brand new S&W Model 29 with aftermarket walnut Eagle Grips.
    Model 29.jpg

Model 29-10.jpg

Rockwater, Kirk H., Woodtroll and 4 others like this.
  15. That is a beauty!

Yesteryear likes this.
  16. Yesteryear

Yesteryear One of the Regulars

Blued steel, walnut, and brass. The trifecta of perfection.
    Blued Steel, Brass, And Walnut.jpg

Rockwater, Bushman, Kirk H. and 2 others like this.
  17. Well fellow Gun Cranks, it has arrived! Been thoroughly cleaned and oiled, in the 12XXX series, S&W Triple Lock in .455 Webley. Shipped to a Hardware store in St Louis in 1917.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kennyz, Kirk H., BobHufford and 5 others like this.
  18. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

Another entry level rifle, looking forward to getting into the world of the beauties above, but until then, functionality and reasonable expense!

Recently arrived for larger nuisances the farm gets (coyotes, etc.), and probably some fun at the range (when it re-opens), is my .243 WIN Remington 783. It has good reviews for its price point, and came with a functional scope that'll do me for now (3 - 9x).

REM 783 1.jpg
    REM 2.jpg
    REM 3.jpg

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    Kirk H. and BobHufford like this.
  19. Rockwater

Rockwater A-List Customer

DAF8CC13-7BB7-4969-8971-B540649BD24C.jpeg
    Had some time to refinish some butt stocks. Springfield, Stevens single action 12 gauge, and a 1943 Ithaca model 37, 16 gauge pump
    DF9CC110-5214-4ADC-A901-C990B66EA14B.jpeg

BobHufford, Bushman and DeaconKC like this.
  20. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

Just got this in! S&W custom 1917 in .455. The barrel has been cut to 4 inches and a new sight placed on the end.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]