Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Yahoody

One Too Many
Thank you John! It is new to me, but letters as shown. Shipped to Chicago in early Dec 1909. I figure it was a Christmas present :) It shoots exceptionally well and has the back strap engraved with a silver plate and the owner's name. I've tracked him via the US Census of 1910. Only one of that name listed in the Census that year. Mr. Dewayne D. Boyles Sr. , born 1863, was living in Potter Co. Texas at the time of his gun's shipment from Colt. Seems he was as proud of his Colt as I am now.

Last edited:

The one from the North

One of the Regulars
View attachment 179030 View attachment 179029 Was "cleaning" again this weekend and couldn't help myself - 1930s Chicago police sergeant desk complete with old badge, Colt Police Positive made in 1923; Clark holster circa early 30s; Peerless handcuffs made July 1, 1924; 1897 Winchester with Peters #1 Buckshot from late 1920s; Stetson "The Motor" hat from mid to late 1930s; Depression era key chain and keys with Texaco fob, old Studebaker key and cuffs key; 1930s Hamilton wristwatch; cigarette case, flask and lighter all 1930s; Ronson 1930s touch-tip table lighter; depression glass ashtray; John Lasser of Chicago art-deco seltzer bottle and Haig Pinch scotch bottle on deco tray; phone, fan, radio, etc.

yes, I have too much crap...
No, you don't! That's awesome collection.

Levallois

Practically Family
7A23092E-3AC1-4356-B934-4110574F26F0.jpeg
D53081B4-BA3F-47C8-B794-47F2EE2C549F.jpeg
Beginning of the 20th century sheriff accoutrements. Smith and Wesson double action .44 Frontier (44-40). Only 15340 produced, this one was made toward the end of production which occurred in 1913.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Henry really makes some nice rifles, and provides very good customer support to boot.
I just bought a Henry Golden Boy. Action is as smooth as butter. I'm drooling over the Big Boy 44 with the color case hardening. Just waiting until the 1:38 twist rate rifles have worked their way through the system. Want one with the new 1:20 twist rate. The Henry action reminds me of my old Marlin 444S (pre safety). It has a very smooth action too. Thought about a new "Marlington" but when I tried one at their booth at an sporting show, you could feel the "clunk, clunk, clunk" of the action as you cycled the lever. You would have thought that they would have had a gunsmith smooth it out before they took it to a gun show! So the new 44 will be a Henry!

Woodtroll

One Too Many
I just bought a Henry Golden Boy. Action is as smooth as butter. I'm drooling over the Big Boy 44 with the color case hardening. Just waiting until the 1:38 twist rate rifles have worked their way through the system. Want one with the new 1:20 twist rate. The Henry action reminds me of my old Marlin 444S (pre safety). It has a very smooth action too. Thought about a new "Marlington" but when I tried one at their booth at an sporting show, you could feel the "clunk, clunk, clunk" of the action as you cycled the lever. You would have thought that they would have had a gunsmith smooth it out before they took it to a gun show! So the new 44 will be a Henry!

Agreed. The original Marlins are my favorite lever action, in running with the '74 Sharps for my favorite rifle overall. It's a shame they don't make 'em like they used to, but they surely don't.

Agreed. The original Marlins are my favorite lever action, in running with the '74 Sharps for my favorite rifle overall. It's a shame they don't make 'em like they used to, but they surely don't.
I've always liked single shot rifles. Being left handed, there are a lot of "left handed friendly" versions available. That's how I got started with Marlin lever guns. If you watch lots of hunting video's, usually the animal either falls over DRT or runs around wildly making a fast second shot difficult. Being left handed, cross eye dominant and with aging eyesight, I'm in scope use territory now. When it comes to handguns, I'm the poster child for "The purpose of a handgun is to fight your way to rifle you should of had in the first place!" I would love to have a Rolling Block some day. Just can't afford one right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB