Show us your Guns!

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Undertow, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Yahoody

Yahoody A-List Customer

My 1909 Colt

[​IMG]

Yesteryear, Kennyz, MarkStar and 5 others like this.
  2. Levallois

Levallois Practically Family

Yahoody,
    That is the prettiest dang Colt I have seen in some time.
    John

Cornshucker77 and Yahoody like this.
  3. Yahoody

Yahoody A-List Customer

Thank you John! It is new to me, but letters as shown. Shipped to Chicago in early Dec 1909. I figure it was a Christmas present :) It shoots exceptionally well and has the back strap engraved with a silver plate and the owner's name. I've tracked him via the US Census of 1910. Only one of that name listed in the Census that year. Mr. Dewayne D. Boyles Sr. , born 1863, was living in Potter Co. Texas at the time of his gun's shipment from Colt. Seems he was as proud of his Colt as I am now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  4. Levallois

Yahoody,
    That is my favorite part of owning these weapons - the historical research.
    John

Cornshucker77, DeaconKC and Yahoody like this.
  5. Yahoody

Yahoody A-List Customer

Indeed John :) As your photos so clearly show..there are stories to be told. It is living history if one can appreciate that fact.

[​IMG]

6. Cornshucker77

Cornshucker77 Call Me a Cab

Damn, that is just too nice.

DeaconKC likes this.
  7. Cornshucker77

Cornshucker77 Call Me a Cab

Agreed. Even though the Ubertis are "modern" firearms they still give me a sense of history when I shoot them. Researching the history of a firearm as you and Yahoody have done is a great treat to me as well.

DeaconKC likes this.
  8. The one from the North

The one from the North New in Town

No, you don't! That's awesome collection.

Cornshucker77 and DeaconKC like this.
  9. Yahoody

Yahoody A-List Customer

Got all wound up the last couple of days and saved a 48 year old Colt :eek: Happy I could :D

beater 5.5" NRA Colt from 1971..
    [​IMG]

Add Roy Fishpaw Big Horn Sheep grips, a case colored hammer with 1st Gen checkering, and a 1st Gen 4 3/4" barrel with a .0015" cylinder gap. Now a mo' better Colt :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  10. Yahoody

Yahoody A-List Customer

A Colt from 1978 by master engraver Mark Hoechst

[​IMG]

11. Levallois

7A23092E-3AC1-4356-B934-4110574F26F0.jpeg D53081B4-BA3F-47C8-B794-47F2EE2C549F.jpeg Beginning of the 20th century sheriff accoutrements. Smith and Wesson double action .44 Frontier (44-40). Only 15340 produced, this one was made toward the end of production which occurred in 1913.

12. That is pure class.

Levallois likes this.
  13. Yesteryear

Yesteryear One of the Regulars

I am now over 100 rounds through my brand new Henry 30-30 BWL edition lever action. I absolutely love this rifle, it shoots as good as it looks! It always gets compliments at the range too! :D Henry Rifle.jpg Henry 2.jpg Henry 3.jpg Henry 4.jpg

Levallois, DeaconKC, Kirk H. and 2 others like this.
  14. Woodtroll

Woodtroll Practically Family

DeaconKC likes this.
  15. Yesteryear

Yesteryear One of the Regulars

I can attest to that! I had to make use of their customer service to correct a minor issue with the sights, and they sent me a brand new sight free of charge! Top notch service for sure!

Woodtroll and DeaconKC like this.
  16. Yesteryear, that is quite the spiffy rifle!

17. GreatWhiteHunter

GreatWhiteHunter Familiar Face

I just bought a Henry Golden Boy. Action is as smooth as butter. I'm drooling over the Big Boy 44 with the color case hardening. Just waiting until the 1:38 twist rate rifles have worked their way through the system. Want one with the new 1:20 twist rate. The Henry action reminds me of my old Marlin 444S (pre safety). It has a very smooth action too. Thought about a new "Marlington" but when I tried one at their booth at an sporting show, you could feel the "clunk, clunk, clunk" of the action as you cycled the lever. You would have thought that they would have had a gunsmith smooth it out before they took it to a gun show! So the new 44 will be a Henry!

Woodtroll and DeaconKC like this.
  18. Woodtroll

Woodtroll Practically Family

Agreed. The original Marlins are my favorite lever action, in running with the '74 Sharps for my favorite rifle overall. It's a shame they don't make 'em like they used to, but they surely don't.

GreatWhiteHunter likes this.
  19. GreatWhiteHunter

GreatWhiteHunter Familiar Face

I've always liked single shot rifles. Being left handed, there are a lot of "left handed friendly" versions available. That's how I got started with Marlin lever guns. If you watch lots of hunting video's, usually the animal either falls over DRT or runs around wildly making a fast second shot difficult. Being left handed, cross eye dominant and with aging eyesight, I'm in scope use territory now. When it comes to handguns, I'm the poster child for "The purpose of a handgun is to fight your way to rifle you should of had in the first place!" I would love to have a Rolling Block some day. Just can't afford one right now.

Kirk H. and DeaconKC like this.
  20. Kirk H.

Kirk H. One Too Many

I know it's been awhile since I posted, but just picked up a Smith and Wesson model 19-3 with a 2 1/2 inch barrel. Will post some pictures later (I hope)

Willybob, DeaconKC and Kennyz like this.