Show us your Guns!

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Undertow, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Yahoody

Yahoody Practically Family

Thank you. They were my SASS guns for a while. I should shoot them more. Newer 3rds with a removable bushings. Dennis Holland carved, once piece ivory, Jim Martin action jobs.

DeaconKC likes this.
  2. Yahoody

IMG_3196 (2).JPG Here is one I am working on today. Putting 2 piece giraffe bone grips on it at the moment. But was very pleased how the new case colors came out prior.

3. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

...and 44 Special to boot! Delightful.

Yahoody likes this.
  4. Yahoody

Good catch Sir!

DeaconKC likes this.
  5. Inkstainedwretch

Inkstainedwretch One Too Many

3rd generation but with 1st gen "bullseye" ejector rod buttons. Was that part of the customization?

DeaconKC likes this.
  6. Yahoody

The nickel 45 is a Colt Custom Shop gun. You can order anything. The bullseye ejector rod head makes them a bit easier to unload and tight in the wrong holster.

Another gun here, posted "in progress" above, that I just finished up this morning. Same "bullseye" ejector rod head.

IMG_3266 (2).JPG

7. jkingrph

jkingrph Practically Family

Got tired of the high ammo prices, when you can find it, and preferring to keep my reloading stocks intact for a while, I have returned to air guns. I have a 45 year old Feinwerkbau 124D sporter that had a bad piston seal so sent it off before Thanksgiving for repair, inclueded new mainspring and a few other parts. Got it back a little over a week ago and it shoots great. Another plus is no one way 50 mile trip to the range. I ordered and received a Diana 54 Air King Pro in .22, wanting something capable of a longer range with a bit more power and it fulfills the bill there, but is a bear to cock. I also have an older FWB 300s match rifle, made for position shooting, and is a lot better than I am. If you can hold it, it will put pellet after pellet into the same hole at 10 meters, and a bit further. Also have a couple of air pistols on the way, a vintage S&W 78g CO2 , same form as my M41 match .22LR, and a HW75, a single stroke pneumatic target pistol. I have always been a rifleman, but with the pistols, I think I can really improve on that game.

BobHufford and DeaconKC like this.
  8. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

The airguns are certainly to be enjoyed. I have a mystery one that still does the job and will be called upon soon to keep the squirrels out of the bird feeders.

MisterCairo likes this.
  9. jkingrph

jkingrph Practically Family

My wife gets as much enjoyment watching the squirrels as the birds. We have one squirrel that has been here about four years, no tail, we nicknamed him(or her) Stubby!

DeaconKC and Trenchfriend like this.
  10. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

A "mystery" one?

11. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

It was seized from a convicted felon [it and about 12 other guns] and then disposed of. No markings to be found, I suspect it is a Chinese copy of someone else's design. Decent sights and ridiculously accurate.

12. MichaelV

MichaelV New in Town

My Eastwood clones. Silver inlays made by Classic Single Action in Tucson AZ.

Attached Files:

13. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

Hiya Michael! Very good lookers! Uberti or Pietta?

14. MichaelV

MichaelV New in Town

Colt SAA and Uberti open top. Thanks, Decon, Ill shoot the SAA in Cowboy fast draw matches and during club practice Ill put the open top to use, its 38 cal and not legal for competition matches.

DeaconKC likes this.
  15. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

Why wouldn't it be legal?

16. MichaelV

MichaelV New in Town

Cowboy Fast Draw only allows 45 cal at matches. The SAA is 45 cal

17. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

Ah, I misunderstood, thought you meant you couldn't use the open top in CAS. I'll go back to sleep now, the nice lady says I need my meds!

18. MichaelV

MichaelV New in Town

Awwwww, come on now Deacon no meds needed. It was a good question.

DeaconKC likes this.
  19. Yahoody

No clue why the old photos disappeared. Guns are back.

IMG_3184 (2).JPG

Yesteryear and DeaconKC like this.
  20. Yahoody

How about an original and untouched 1892 Colt FSS with mother of pearl grips? IMG_3570 (3).JPG

Yesteryear, BobHufford and DeaconKC like this.