Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

shortbow

Practically Family
Holy Jumpin' Catfish! Great job on that rig, Deacon will be way ahead if Rick has the pattern.

BUT!

Lessee the gat. Is that thing engraved? Are the grips original? Give, guy!:eusa_clap

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Ow, pant pant pant pant! That is gorgeous! Let's hear about the Broomie too! 9 or 7.63? Mine is a Bolo in 7.63 parts gun that is a very good shooter, loads of fun at the range. The Luger is the only other gun I've ever seen draw as much attention.

Levallois

Practically Family
Having shot both, I prefer the 30 Mauser broomie for shooting and the 30 luger Luger for loading.

It is engraved and in 7.63 caliber, might have been finished in sliver plate at one time, and the antler grips had to have been custom made. I've had several "experts" look at it and the consensus is there is no consensus. It is most definately not factory but was done around WWI - which is when this Broom was made.

The leading schools of thought are 1) engraved in Persia (Iran) and 2) engraved in Mexico, and 3) engraved in Europe by a non-factory craftsman. Doubts can be thrown on the Persia theory as one panel is an North American style eagle head in profile (eagles were used for engraving in the old world too but they were usually the whole bird). Doubts can be thrown on the Mexican theory as the Lion on the other panel is African. The European theory is still viable too as there were both families and countries that used an eagle and a lion in their crests/flags.

So, who knows, other than it looks very "Old West" to me. When I saw it (at a pawnshop no less), I had to have it. Unfortunately, there was no known history other than an "old guy" pawned it.

Mauser2.jpg

Mauser6.jpg

Mauser3.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Levallois said:
So, who knows, other than it looks very "Old West" to me. When I saw it (at a pawnshop no less), I had to have it. Unfortunately, there was no known history other than an "old guy" pawned it.

Sounds like a case for History Detectives!

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
Levallois said:

Absolutely stunning!
Thank you for sharing the great photos. I am envious!!!

No point in showing my gun :( - it's just an ugly Glock 19, but it works. I would love to have something engraved.
The perfect BBQ gun :D

shortbow

Practically Family
That is a remarkable piece. I kinda wish I hadn't asked you to show it now though, because I'll be wracking my brain trying to figure out that engraving.lol

Neat old ammo boxes, too.

JEEP

Practically Family
Levallois; wow..... just wow :eusa_clap

What an incredible piece of history. I hope you will someday be able to deciphre it.

Regards.

Jakob

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful pieces of history and art, Levallois!

I threw a Tasco red dot on my Hi-point Carbine. I was going to get one at Wally World but found it cheaper at a gun shop :eek:. It was $32. Can't wait to shoot it now!

hi-pointcarbine001.jpg

hi-pointcarbine002.jpg

_RAGNAR_

One of the Regulars
matrioshka said:
DeaconKC,

It looks like a G33/40 mountain carbine. If you look at the toe of the but, you can just see the wear plate.

M

sorry for the bad pictures, I didn't notice until now how bad they turned out.

yes a 33/40 but I'll be honest, it's replica. damn near perfect but still a replica. A buddy of mine built 5 of them 10 years ago just for fun.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Hey I have a question for you gun folks- I have an old Enfield .303 thats in pretty good condition. I got it from my father in law a while back and I can't see using it. I want to trade it for a Marlin lever-action .45 LC, is this reasonable? The Enfield is clean, hasn't been fired in many years. I don't know its value. Can I get some suggestions?

jlagman

New in Town
mannySpaghetti said:
And just for fun for anyone that loves paintballing like I do, here's my Tippmann 98 Custom that I could probably use for home protection too. This thing's a BEAST and definately looks more formidable than my .380.
HPIM1733.jpg

and again in my "Chicago typewriter" config.....
HPIM2108.jpg
I'm glad I'm not the only paintball player here, I shoot a Phantom.

IMG_0009.jpg

KY Gentleman said:
Hey I have a question for you gun folks- I have an old Enfield .303 thats in pretty good condition. I got it from my father in law a while back and I can't see using it. I want to trade it for a Marlin lever-action .45 LC, is this reasonable? The Enfield is clean, hasn't been fired in many years. I don't know its value. Can I get some suggestions?
Best thing I know is to take it to a gun show if you don't know anybody local that can give you an honest appraisal. I have a Marlin lever-action .45 LC, can't recall specific model dang it, to go with my 2 pistol in the same caliber. What part of KY are you in? I have a friend that is a gun dealer in the Richland, KY area that may be able to point you to a source... gtd

shortbow

Practically Family
Ky, If you could say what model (or better yet a picture) Enfield you have, I could be more definite, but I'd say if you can get straight across, you'd be doing pretty well. Up here Enfields are a dime a dozen, except for really nice all original ones like early No.1 Mk3's, Metfords and such. If it's just a run of the mill No.4, take the money and run.;)

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
KY Gentleman said:
It has a "No. 4" stamped on the receiver.
Thanks for the tips and advice- I knew I would get some good info from you folks. I'll poke around and try to work a trade somewhere. If I'm successful I'll post a pic! Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR