Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Highlander

A-List Customer
Levallois said:
Steve,

I like Lugers too, although I'm partial to the 1900 models. Quite a complex piece of machinery for that time period.

John

Lugerandholster001.jpg

Lugerandholster004.jpg

Good Morning Levallois:

I have always loved the Lugers. Such a great engineering piece. I have never shot one, but that toggle action is really cool. A very nice piece.

Steve

HarpPlayerGene said:
The weapon in my avatar is a Colt Ultra Ten ll, 10mm. a fun gun and it throws a helluva round down range.
I had a friend at work that had the Glock 10mm, and that was a joy to shoot. All Glocks seem to have built in shock absorbers so the recoil was actually quite pleasant.

ideaguy

One Too Many
after quite a few 45's, I've found myself very happy with my Colt MK IV
Combat Elite, 7 1/4" bbl., Pachmayer grips, Black & Satin stainless. Big
piece, but very well balanced, slim profile, and quality all the way.
I've been looking at Springfields' compact 45 for quite a while, just can't seem to spend the $$; something called a "bill" always comes around just when I'm ready to go to my gunsmith...[huh]

DeaconKC

One Too Many
***BARTENDER NOTE******** Please avoid discussing the 'results' of 'what' rounds can inflict and on whom. Cheers guys (it has been mentioned before). We're here to display firearms and talk specs, but please leave out the ugly consequences of discharging the firearm/weapon.;)

Levallois

Practically Family
bburtner@moran said:
Your Luger hoster at first glance sure looks like a Heiser....

I wish it was that easy - the Heiser catalog that I looked at has nothing like this holster. Most of the big Holster makers - Heiser, Lawrence, etc. had cartouches they stamped in their holsters. Although Heiser reportedly made holsters for companies like Abercrombie & Fitch and did not put their logo on these holsters because A&F put their logo on there. This holster is unmarked accept for the MMOTT stamped in it. I wrote a holster maker that I've done business with before who is a bit of a holster historian and it was his opinion MMOTT was the owner of the holster not the maker. He also had no idea, based on the style of the holster, who the maker could have been.

The MMOTT mark:

Lugerandholster001-1.jpg

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
Not as classy as some of the stuff here, but...

Here are two from my pile:

DSCN0031.jpg

1942 Izhvesk TT-33. Note the wartime expedient wood grips.

DSCN0029.jpg

Same pistol with a 1967 mfg Factory 66 Chinese type 51

M

shortbow

Practically Family
Levallois, I love that holster. Any chance you could post more pics, particularly of the back?

As to the MMOTT mark, just my opinion, but I feel that it may be neither a maker's mark nor the owner's. If you look at lots of old shop-made holsters, almost invariably the maker's name and logo are stamped in a nice and neat one-piece stamp, similar to most saddlers of the day. Also, seems to me if that holster was, as seems likely, custom made for the Luger's owner, the maker would have done a lot nicer job of the monogram. Those initials look to me like the ones you see used a lot on old Military leather gear.

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
Matrioshka nice pistols, Viet-Nam War trophies ? I wish I could have bought one of those pistols years ago. Chinese imported weapons are now banned my friends and I were buying 200.00 AKs, 90.00 SKSs and pistols were about 150.00 I believe. The Norinco .45s were a really good pistols. One guy I knew taught Tactical pistol shooting and swore by them. He said they were a good base gun to build on. I missed out on those too bummer........

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
DutchIndo,

Both are bringbacks. The TT-33 could have come from either Korea or Vietnam. The Type 51 is a Vietnam bringback.

I've always had a thing for Russian/Soviet stuff.

M

Levallois

Practically Family
bburtner@moran said:
Your Luger is Swiss,am i correct? The toggles give it away...

This isn't a Swiss Luger but a commercial Model 1900. The Swiss Lugers look pretty much like these - both have the early toggle - I think the Swiss models had a different grip and had the Swiss cross on top of the receiver?

Happy Holidays!

John

Levallois

Practically Family
shortbow,

I like your idea that it might be a military holster except that it is very ornately carved. I don't remember any military holsters that were anything but plain-jane.

The photos of the back of the flap, back of the holster and front of the flap.

Lugerandholster003.jpg

Lugerandholster004-1.jpg

Lugerandholster005.jpg

Happy Holidays!

John

shortbow

Practically Family
John, thanks very much for taking the trouble. That is one heck of a piece of work. The combination of imagination, tradition and craftsmanship is very pleasing. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the maker's first exposure to an auto pistol, and to see the new thinking melded with the old Mexican Loop influence is very cool.

shortbow

Practically Family
Sorry, old man, I could, but I would need the pistola in my mitts and with our various country's gun control that just ain't possible.

Might try scouting around for a competent hobbyist or try Old West Reproductions in Florence, Mt.

Unlikely though you'll find that quality of stitching nowdays. Looks like a gazillion per inch.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
shortbow said:
Sorry, old man, I could, but I would need the pistola in my mitts and with our various country's gun control that just ain't possible.

Might try scouting around for a competent hobbyist or try Old West Reproductions in Florence, Mt.

Unlikely though you'll find that quality of stitching nowdays. Looks like a gazillion per inch.

Ain't that the sad truth, though.

Levallois

Practically Family
shortbow,

I love the luger holster - softest leather that you can imagine. I just wish I knew who made it.

Deacon,

I had the following made for me by Old West Reproductions a couple of years ago for (I think but don't quote me) about $275 - holster, two pouches and a belt. Rick is a great guy and does excellent work. He should have the pattern on hand so you don't have to send your gun.

http://www.oldwestreproductions.com/Splash.asp

broomhandleholster001.jpg

broomhandleholster004.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR