Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
But AOW's cannot be legally fitted with a shoulder stock, lest they become an SBR in the eyes of the law. As far as the state law goes, I live in Alabama where anything is legal as long as you're good with the BATF.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Bought this Hi-point carbine in 9mm yesterday. Love it. :D

hi-pointcarbine.jpg

In the future I intend to 'customize' it a bit. Can anyone recomend some kits? I'm looking for anything: rails, optical sights, flashlights, stocks, etc. I am looking at the ATI stock that looks like the Storm.

Cheers!

rumblefish

One Too Many
Anybody have any vintage ammo or ammo boxes.

Here's some paper hull shotgun shells and almost full box of Peters 12 ga. Some of the oldies are Winchester (Xpert, Leader, and Western super X), Kleanbore Nitro Express, and Rottweil.

I can't bring myself to use em up.:eek:
DSC00909.jpg

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Found another British Bulldog .450 for sale.

pix979899953.jpg

We were discussing them a while ago.

It's at auction on GunBroker so I don't want to link

PM me for info or go look for it. Price was low when I posted.

carebear

Not in my budget right now, there was some interest in one a few months back so I figured I'd post it.

I would imagine I'd use the standard load if I owned one.

Without looking it up I'd guess 260-ish grain lead round nose at about 600-700 FPS?

carebear

As CAD/CAM and small scale manufacturies become less spendy, I'd like to see a Licensee figure out a way to do functioning replicas of some of the better known / used in movies, revolvers like the Lebel's.

Modern steels for safety and chamber them in a more readily available, roughly equivilent, modern caliber to increase marketability.

Levallois

Practically Family
Matt Crunk said:
Yeah, I might just buy the SBR version instead. Price is about $600 more, plus the $200 transfer tax, but then everything is nice and legal. What I'd really like to own is an original full-auto, but I can't justify $10k+ for a gun. A friend of mine has one, and I've shot it several times. Very sweet and surprisingly tame compared to what you'd think.

Matt,

You could always go for a Reising Model 50 SMG about 1/3 the cost of a Thompson ($4-4.5K)- fires the 45 acp cartridge and has WWII history (much maligned - not all of it deserved) with the USMC in the Pacific Theater (until 1943) and then with law enforcement after that. On full auto and when kept clean and with good magazines it's a screamer - faster than all but the early Colt 1921 Thompsons.

John

Reising003.jpg

_RAGNAR_

One of the Regulars
thunderw21 said:
That's what I'm talkin' about, Ragnar!

thanks, I like guns!

I have a pretty good collection, last year I got a semi M1 Thompson and a semi M3 greasegun but they still have 16" barrels, so I won't post pictures of them looking hideous.

I have a couple vintage handguns, 1911s and P38s and a replica WWII 1911. Just got two new K98s today. One standard model and a 33/40 replica. Looking to turn one of my MP44s into a semi MG34 and a replica BMW R71 w sidecar in the next year.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
During WW2 Churchill found out his bodyguard was carrying a very small Browning pocket pistol. He went and got him a 1911 .45. Later, he discovered that the bodyguard thought it was "too heavy" and wasn't carrying it. So Churchill got it himself and shoved it in his overcoat pocket. In several pics taken during the summer of 1940, you can see the bulge in his pocket! What an inspiration!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot