Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Kansas Arsenal

Remington model 10A
Winchester model 94
Smith & Wesson model 27-2 3 1/2"

Nothing fancy here. The shotgun was bought new by my great uncle.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Finally shot the M1! The first 8 rounds from about 55 yards I think I will leave the sights alone.:D It is the target on the left and the pasties are from pistol shots.

GEDC0480-1.jpg

GEDC0479-1.jpg

Levallois

Practically Family
My latest acquisition - it's a rare one

It's a slide-action Remington model 14 1/2 carbine in 38 wcf caliber made in 1914. A competitor for Winchester model 92 that never really caught on. Latest guess is they only made 1000-2000 of these over a 15 year period - extremely rare - and a holy-grail of collecting for me. I found it for about 1/3 what they've been going for and I couldn't be happier than if I won the lottery.

John

145carbine38wcf001.jpg

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
My Mom's friend wrote a song about Charlie Russel called "the Gift" kind of an autobiography song. Required listening for anyone interested in the man.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Madcap72 said:
My Mom's friend wrote a song about Charlie Russel called "the Gift" kind of an autobiography song. Required listening for anyone interested in the man.

How did your mom get to know Ian Tyson? He is one of my favorites.

shortbow

Practically Family
Hey John, I saw a picture of Charlie's gun in one of my books on him, but they got left behind in what is now my Ex's house, so can't look it up for you. I remember at the time being surprised that he would have chosen it over a lever Winchester. I also can't recollect for sure if it was a 14 or a 141/2, but do remember that he had engraved it. I googled it but could come up with nothing further. In my travels over the years I have seen a lot more 14's than 141/2's, you lucky dog. Great shape too.

L HATLEY

One of the Regulars
S & W 39-2

lukesgun.jpg
BOUGHT THE SWEETEST HAND GUN THIS WEEK. i HAVE BEEN WANTING A SEMI AUTO THAT WOULD FIT A SMALL HAND AND NOT AN IMPORT
AND NOT POLYMER.
THE SMITH & WESSON 39-2 FIT THE BILL, ANYONE ELSE HAVE ONE.
PHOTO LATER..

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I'd be interested in the picture when you can, L. Hatley - I'm always into seeing guns scaled for smaller hands.

I have ridiculously small hands with short fingers (wear a Youth sized glove) so a lot of things like double-stack magazines and whatnot, no matter how nice/practical, just aren't gonna happen.

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
carouselvic said:
How did your mom get to know Ian Tyson? He is one of my favorites.

She's known him for probably the last 25-30 years. I met him this year at the Elko Poetry Gathering. I kind of grew up in that circle. We used to get all those guys over at the house when I was a kid, Ramblin Jack, Jerry Jeff, Guy Clark et al.

Lame thing is, now that I'm Grown up, they're grown old :(

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Madcap72 said:
She's known him for probably the last 25-30 years. I met him this year at the Elko Poetry Gathering. I kind of grew up in that circle. We used to get all those guys over at the house when I was a kid, Ramblin Jack, Jerry Jeff, Guy Clark et al.

Lame thing is, now that I'm Grown up, they're grown old :(

Now that's the makin' of one hell of a jam!

warbird

One Too Many
Any other vintage side by side or Edwardian shooters here.

I am headed to NC next month for the southern side by side nationals. This week I went and bought another shooter. I got a 1929 Ithaca NID in 12g with 30" bbl. It locks up beautifully. The chokes are mod and full and I may get the full opened up. I will go shoot it this week and see if I want to leave it as is or not. I really think of all of the shooting I have done in my life the sport or comps I like most is sporting clays. I also really enjoy the vintage shooting side by sides. They are a lot of fun.

Anyone else attend these events or going to NC next month?

Highlander

A-List Customer
Well, I've always wanted a set of dueling pistols. I couldn't afford an original set of nice pistols, so I purchased a set of Pedersoli, Charles Moore English Flintlock Dueling Pistols, and then proceeded to make a box (a prototype of the walnut one I intend to make from some 100 year old walnut in my Dad's Barn). Here's a quick look.
CharlesMooreset-vi.jpg

I've been looking to try and cast some silver balls (werewolves are rampant in my area), but silver doesn't cast well, so I have gotten a lead silver mix and may get that done one day too.

Highlander

A-List Customer
and one of my little collection of "Gentlemen's Pistols". The Ivory gripped Thunderer is a copy of the one Doc Holliday carried in TOMBSTONE.
gentlemenspistols-vi.jpg

RBH

Bartender
L HATLEY said:
lukesgun.jpg
BOUGHT THE SWEETEST HAND GUN THIS WEEK. i HAVE BEEN WANTING A SEMI AUTO THAT WOULD FIT A SMALL HAND AND NOT AN IMPORT
AND NOT POLYMER.
THE SMITH & WESSON 39-2 FIT THE BILL, ANYONE ELSE HAVE ONE.
PHOTO LATER..
Here ya go Luke... I have been having great trouble photos to post myself.

this is a photo of Luke Hatleys gun.

lukesgun.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy