Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Starius

Practically Family
Harry Pierpont said:
[

Starius, Maybe your mistaken? 200 years ago would be 1807, long before any breach loading shotguns.
Nice double though!!

Harry

Yeah, you're right. Not quite that old. I just conversed with my father on the matter and he said it was made around 1885 and used brass shells. I believe thats what the guy who restored the stock for us said. But I'm certainly no expert on old guns. I couldn't even tell you who made it.

By the way, AeroDillo, the stock on that gun of yours looked near mint! It was certainly well taken care of.

AeroDillo

Familiar Face
The stock was magnificent. The steel...not so much.

For anyone interested in a trench gun, you might consider the Chinese imports. I have one, and they're a blast to shoot. Plus, you can collect major cool points for the barrel shroud. lol

Marcus

A-List Customer
Kimber TLE

KimberStrider.jpg

Good ole Remington 870 w/ folding stock

Rem870small2.jpg

Other stuff:
guns.jpg

RIOT

Practically Family
Very nice collection Marcus. However don't put baby in the corner :) Let's see more photos of that M249. Is that an Mk.II or Para?

Thanks so much,Technonut
I used to really enjoy researching about firearms...attending the shows...having them slicked out...and sighting them in at the range.
However...like alot of other things...the gunshows seemed to slowly go downhill to what they once were....and,alas..the ranges became crowded.
Luckily I had completed my collection during the glory years....
HD

AeroDillo said:
Spiffy. Might I inquire who does the envgraving?

Sure...although..I'm not sure if he is still alive or engraving,anymore. His name is Ben Shostle from Muncie,Ind.(near my city of residence). He was president of the Firearm Engravers Guild of America at the time my guns were engraved. He was known for his deep elaborate engraving. I became close friends with him during those years of collecting. The Browning Hi-Power and ParaOrdnance are engraved by one of Shostle's proteges. The python was engraved by Colt.
HD

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful, HD! A wonderful collection, and that case is exactly what I need to display my signal pistols. I either need to attend a gun show or get an eBay account. lol

Lee

"Guns don't hurt people, choke holds hurt people" - The Tick

big kahuna

Familiar Face
Please have your E tickets ready...

:D Here's a view of the vault of wonders...

The right side:

IMG_1843.jpg

The left side:

IMG_1842.jpg

This will give ya a glance at the mainly pre-1900 handgun shelfs:

IMG_1841.jpg

Here's a bucket load of Nagant's:

IMG_1835.jpg

Mauser's, anyone??

IMG_1836.jpg

Lebels, Krags, rolling blocks, French MAS, Swis Vetterli's...

IMG_1837.jpg

Enfields..

IMG_1838.jpg

I'm facing knee surgery in a few weeks, and while on leave, I'll post sets of WWI, WWII, Allied/Axis, Span AM, Cowboy, Detective pistols, etc.

I am a neophyte when to comes to hats, but when it comes to firearms I have some experience and knowledge.

Ahhh that smell of oil and wood...

big kahuna said:
:D Here's a view of the vault of wonders... but when it comes to firearms I have some experience and knowledge.
My hat is off to you, BigKahuna! Nice vault. What was the institution across the street from (another long gone institution) Breens, the old San Francisco Gun Room? I can never forgive Dianne Feinstein & company for giving the bum's rush to that museum of a gun store (as Zev. Y. & Co. has done to Los Angeles...Martin/Rettig in Culver City still has some of that old, Hoppes #9 smelling charm). Gun stores Baaaaad! Make 'ems all GO WAAY! ALL BETTER NOW!! WE SELLYBRATE DIVERSITITTY!!

The Wingnut

One Too Many
GREAT OOLGY MOOGLY!

BK, sir, you should orchestrate a range day for firearms-friendly Bay area Loungers. We'll all show in '30s attire and take over a section of the range.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
The post from big kahuna reminds me of the story about the british gentleman onboard the Titanic.
He enters one of the bars on evening asks for scotch on the rocks and gets it. He asks for some more ice - and at that moment the iceberg comes crashing though the wall behind the bar. To this the gentleman mumurs: "I ordered som ice, but this is ridicolous!";)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR