Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Kilroy, on the boiling water, it will kill the shine and cause the pores to swell, giving it an older appearance. Just for a few seconds literally, and it will turn the water brown when the dyes lose some of their color.

Pilotguy299

One of the Regulars
118.jpg

in .308

Kirk H.

One Too Many
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Both are great looking BBQ Weapons. Grizzly Adams, I love that custom rig, it is beautiful.

Kirk H.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
My fiancee got me this: an FEG Hi-Power. :D

Hipower001.jpg

Hipower002.jpg

Hipower003.jpg

The finish is gorgeous, the barrel is like a mirror and the trigger pull surprisingly nice. And it fits my hand so well. Can't wait to shoot it.

jkingrph

Practically Family
Nice. I like that rib. I have not seen one on a Hi Power before. Sights also look good.

I have an early 80's Hi Power that has been modified quite a bit. It has a Bar-Sto match barrel, Millett adjustable sight, Cyliinder and Slide innards, a cnc machined sear, small Rowell hammer, wide trigger that eliminates magazine safety and the gritty drag associated with the safety, and finally extended slide release and safety. It's a shooter.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Kilroy, on the boiling water, it will kill the shine and cause the pores to swell, giving it an older appearance. Just for a few seconds literally, and it will turn the water brown when the dyes lose some of their color.
Deacon, I just gave it a try. I had to dunk it a few times to get the result I was looking for, but it did exactly what you said it would. I'm still waiting for it to dry thoroughly, as I don't want any moisture to be trapped between the barrel and the leather.

MKL

A-List Customer
This time I purchased a Mosin Nagant. After shooting my son's I wanted one. This one is marked 1939. His is a 1943.

DSC_0001-3.jpg

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I really like that Hi-Power. The last one I looked at was at the Chisholm Trail Antique Gun Club show in Wichita about 3 years ago. It was a new French Hi-Power, and it had been stored in a box of large rocks in the back of a pickup truck for about a hear. There were small dents about every half inch over the whole surface of the gun. I thought $600 a might steep for a beaten up gun.

Looking at yours, now I remember why I wanted one.

Later Y'all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner