Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Light, quick handling but chambered for a cartridge suitable for most of North American game (not to mention a lot of light African, as well) IMO, the Carcano is terribly underrated. A man could do far worse than to sporterize one. Change the safety an add a scope and (especially in the Eastern U.S.) you're loaded for just about anything. In the West I would hesitate to carry it for elk, moose or grizzly but for everything else, it's plenty.

Story

I'll Lock Up
This Carcano now sports a Mauser handguard, barrel bands and a forend graft from a broken Gew.98 stock. I now call this my "Carcauser".

You know something, that's brilliant - like something the Ethiopian 'shifta' would have come up with post-1942. Leave it exactly as-is.

What auction, btw?

twaits

New in Town
Just picked up this 1892 New Army & Navy revolver on Gunbroker for $400 delivered. It's .41 caliber and in outstanding condition. Manufactured in 1899

IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

twaits

New in Town
Just picked up this 1892 New Army & Navy revolver on Gunbroker for $400 delivered. It's .41 caliber and in outstanding condition. Manufactured in 1899

IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Stopped at gun shop I haven't been in since I was a kid as I as passing by it coming from the auto scrapper sourcing a mirror for my sister in-laws car. Asked to see the "Mosin" that as on the rack and am handed an all original, not refurbed M38. All matching. Most of the blueing is gone, the stock has a couple of major dings. Asking price is 300. I look over it real careful. The bore looks really good, a little dark but very clean, no pitting, lands look sharp. Being a non-refurb really drew my attention. Then I noticed it had no import markings. Then I noticed it had an SA stamp...

And now I not only have no money, I still owe my Dad a hundred bucks.

dscn4067.jpg

dscn4068.jpg

dscn4069.jpg

dscn4070.jpg

dscn4072.jpg

Notice the wear around the sling hole, it's like that on all of them, and there are not, and looks like never were, brass tabs. This rifle was carried by it's sling a LOT. I can post more pictures if people like, just let me know what you want to see, I have to build my photo stand yet so that's why all these are mediocre.

So how'd I do?

Matt

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
Matt,

I think you did well, seeing as it's SA marked.

I'm kicking myself right now. I passed on a Finn reworked Chatelleraut M91, should have bought it.

M

ETA:

A lot of late WW2 Mosins have no liner on the sling slots.

vedearduff

New in Town
My Pocket Pistol

Here is a shot of my pocket pistol, a Walther PP in .32 ACP.
WaltherPPweb.jpg

I have a Colt Government (no photos, I need to get busy with the camera). I also have a Thompson 1927a1 on order and plan to shoot photos of both once I have my Thompson.

I plan to convert the Tompson to an SBR and will submit the paperwork once I have the rifle.

Vernon

vedearduff

New in Town
Thanks for the warm welcome Deacon. The Thompson just does not look right with a 16 inch barrel. I'm in the process of gearing up for AZSA shoots, I'm also working on getting a Club started in central Indiana.

Vernon

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Here is a shot of my pocket pistol, a Walther PP in .32 ACP.
WaltherPPweb.jpg

I have a Colt Government (no photos, I need to get busy with the camera). I also have a Thompson 1927a1 on order and plan to shoot photos of both once I have my Thompson.

I plan to convert the Tompson to an SBR and will submit the paperwork once I have the rifle.

Vernon

Veron, first off welcome to the Lounge. That is a nice Walther.

Kirk

vedearduff

New in Town
Kirk.

Thanks for the warm welcome. This pistol was made in 1968, I would like to find one (shooter grade, not collector) made in the '30s but this will do until that happens.

It's function is terrific and it is very accurate. I also have an Interarms PPK/s in .380 ACP (blued, US made) but the design is too late for our period so I did not post a shot.

Thanks again.

Vernon

jkingrph

Practically Family
Welcome Vernon.

That's a nice little PP.
I have a couple of the Interarms Walthers, a PPK, .380 and a little TPH .22LR. The PPK is not fun recoil is a little harsh and my hands are developing a little arthritis. The TPH is a hoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters