Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

CodeRed

One of the Regulars
I just picked up a Mariln 39M from 1960. Got is from the estate of a WWII flying ace that retired as a Brig General. Came with an old leather shoulder strap too. I shoot targets in my yard with my son using the new CCI quiet rounds. Less noise than an air gun. Really fun little 22 rifle.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
img_hard_casull_054.jpg

Half the links are dead by now, but some images still hold.

Image Gallery

That single action sixgun with the scope is hilarious. Impressive collection!

Here's an old shot of my collection. I may post more and newer pics another time.

gunsshopped.jpg

Last edited:

Doublegun

Practically Family
I just picked up a Mariln 39M from 1960. Got is from the estate of a WWII flying ace that retired as a Brig General. Came with an old leather shoulder strap too. I shoot targets in my yard with my son using the new CCI quiet rounds. Less noise than an air gun. Really fun little 22 rifle.

Probably one of the most accurate rifles made. Octagon or round barrel?

CodeRed

One of the Regulars
Round barrel, the micro groove works great. I like how it doesn't have a safety, up to the shooter to make sure instead. The octogonal barrels are really nice too. I now like buying used guns with just a little bit of wear...for ~half the original price. Recently picked up a Anshutz 1733 Mannlicher in 22 hornet used too. Also, a nice gun.

Doublegun

Practically Family
Round barrel, the micro groove works great. I like how it doesn't have a safety, up to the shooter to make sure instead. The octogonal barrels are really nice too. I now like buying used guns with just a little bit of wear...for ~half the original price. Recently picked up a Anshutz 1733 Mannlicher in 22 hornet used too. Also, a nice gun.

I haven't bought a new in box gun for years. Too many very nice older guns with a little bit of honest wear. Plus, as you discovered with the lack of a safety on your M39, not all new improvements make the guns better. I'd love to have an older M39 with an octagon barrel but they are commanding outrageous prices - much more than I would want to spend on a .22.

CodeRed

One of the Regulars
Go for the Mountie like I did, still pretty reasonable...but seem to be increasing in price lately since they haven't made them in awhile. I like the shorter barrel myself...great light rifle to take to a hike.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
VERY nice, you must have a large safe or display case!

Thanks! :D I no longer have the SKS at the top, and I completely re-vamped the hunting rifle just below the Lee Enfield into a sweet varmint/target rifle with a heavy barrel and laminate stock. The collection barely fits in my narrow gun safe lol.

Toisach

New in Town
OK here goes, this is the pistol collection, for the most part:

Semi Autos, top to bottom:

Browning Hi Power 9mm (IMHO THE best pistol ever made)
CZ82 9x18
Walther P99 S&W .40
Makarov 9x18
Walther PK380
Semi-Autos.jpg

Revolvers:

Nagant 7.62 Colt Diamondback .38 Special

Colt Army Single Action .45 Ruger .357
Revolvers.jpg

I'll try and get around to rifles and shotguns later on, but this is a start. Hope you enjoy!

T

Last edited:

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
OK here goes, this is the pistol collection, for the most part:

Semi Autos, top to bottom:

Browning Hi Power 9mm (IMHO THE best pistol ever made)
CZ82 9x18
Walther P99 S&W .40
Makarov 9x18
Walther PK380

Revolvers:

Nagant 7.62 Colt Diamondback .38 Special

Colt Army Single Action .45 Ruger .357

I'll try and get around to rifles and shotguns later on, but this is a start. Hope you enjoy!

Excellent collection, Tosiach! I have special affinity for the Browning Hi Power as that was the sidearm I qualified with the in the military. I love that Colt Single Action Army; is it a vintage piece? My Ruger Vaquero is a modern repro of that same revolver, with minor changes for safety.

Toisach

New in Town
Thanks for your kind words!
The Colt Single Action is a repro (EAA) as well, but a hell of a lot of fun to shoot when I am feeling all Wild West-ish.
Indeed, the Hi Power is a triumph of design, ergonomics, accuracy and reliability. For me it is THE PISTOL.
Much to the annoyance of friends, I intend to be interred with it! Ha!
T

Naphtali

Practically Family
Welcome to BEAR COUNTRY

What does the well-dressed person wear in the land of grizzlies? . . . A carryable double action 480 Ruger, the 480 that Ruger should have made, on a belt having a six-at-a-time speed loader - just in case your unexpected guest brought friends to the get-together.

Omitting everything but the revolver, here are photographs.

SRH-angle-rt.jpg

SRH-angled-left.jpg

SRH-flat-.jpg

SRH-Top-view.jpg

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
Doomstein, that 03 Springfield is hot. I want one SO bad but they're pretty rare up here.

What you can do sometimes, and this is what I did, is look in your local pawn shops and find WWII era 1903/1903A3 Springfields that have been sporterized. They're easy to miss because they look like run of the mill hunting rifles. Usually you can find them for only $300 or so. When I do this I try and stick with remington A3 recievers, as they have the most matching surplus parts out there I find. Once you get the reciever, floorplate and the bolt, you can collect the stock, buttplate, stock bands, ect. for reasonable prices on ebay. If the barrel has been turned down and the front sight slots removed, you can either replace the barrel or deal with it and put a scope mount, rings, and scope on it like I did (rings and scope not pictured). So you spend about 500-600 bucks or so and end up restoring a battle rifle to its former glory. After you get everything together you can also have a gunsmith either parkerize or blue the parts as a finishing touch.

Last edited:

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
What does the well-dressed person wear in the land of grizzlies? . . . A carryable double action 480 Ruger, the 480 that Ruger should have made, on a belt having a six-at-a-time speed loader - just in case your unexpected guest brought friends to the get-together.

Omitting everything but the revolver, here are photographs.

SRH-angle-rt.jpg

SRH-angled-left.jpg

SRH-flat-.jpg

SRH-Top-view.jpg
Nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner