Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

plain old dave

A-List Customer
Brand new Generation 2 R51. Gun was test fired at Remington. A lot.
c53175ea6a336f9983a70770b6df87c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Kirk H.

One Too Many

I was looking at one of those the other day. It had a nice feel to it. Let us know how it shoots. I am headed out to pick up my Glock 43X. Christmas in January lol.

Kirk

Woodtroll

One Too Many
I actually passed on it, the price was right, but with the Damascus barrels I wouldn't want to shoot it. Decent shape and the price was right, but...

Understood. I have a 10-gauge hammer double that has Damascus barrels, and when I bought it I thought I would load some blackpowder shells and shoot it. But the inside of the bores show corrosion along the weld lines even though the outsides are pretty nice, and I like my fingers right where they are, there at the end of my hands, so I eventually decided it was a nice decoration and that's about it. I wouldn't normally buy a gun and not shoot it, no matter how nice it is.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Must take and post picture, but I just got hold of a Sauer & Sohn double rifle in 7x57R. Now I need the Zeiss scope and some claw mounts. It's going to Italy next May. Boar beware!

Please do post pictures of that boar-slayer rifle when you get a chance! I like double rifles as well as double shotguns (the side-by-side versions, anyway).

MikeKardec

One Too Many

The original 51 was amazingly slim and a great pointer, almost to the level of the 1911. Very concealable but a nightmare to disassemble. You never had to worry about putting your first shot in the dirt as you do with the Colt "pocket" pistols or the Tokerev from the same era, however.

plain old dave

A-List Customer
The original 51 was amazingly slim and a great pointer, almost to the level of the 1911. Very concealable but a nightmare to disassemble. You never had to worry about putting your first shot in the dirt as you do with the Colt "pocket" pistols or the Tokerev from the same era, however.
The disassembly gets easier as you do it more and as the gun breaks in. Something else, too, is the more Pedersen designed guns you have, 12/121, 14/141, etc. (I used to have a 14A, and the breechbolt is remarkably similar), the easier it is to disassemble them. Pedersen designed guns don't work like anything else, and that's intentional.

Yesteryear

One of the Regulars
The barrel crown on my brand new S&W model 642 was sloppy and not concentric with the bore. A good crown is vital for bullet stability and accuracy. I recrownd it myself, and am very pleased with the end result. S&W would have done it for me also, but I didn't want to send it away. I used a brass screw in a drill, with valve grind compound.
642 Crown Before and After..png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ